whats with the bubbles on the defroster lines

Guest lazyone87

Guest tdmillet
whats with the bubbles on the defroster lines and how can I avoid them

put a small slice on the line.they should lay right down.

Guest lazyone87
whats with the bubbles on the defroster lines and how can I avoid them

put a small slice on the line.they should lay right down.

anybody got any other suggestions than cutting a slice on it.(how can I avoid even getting them on there? )

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

These seem to come up on many Mazda Millenias, Various Lexus cars, and sometimes Nissan Altimas. It's because the defroster lines are so thick, the tint doesn't wanna lay on them. I try to really scrub them hard with an SOS pad before installing, but I still get the "worms" sometimes. If they appear, just heat them from the outside

dry shrink? DO NOT overshrink the film. Puckers, these bubbles, are caused by the film being overly shrunk. Check out "the Ryk Shrink" on the main page in the how to......lay it down fast and smooth...

if the film hasn't been on there too long, I can usually push them out to the sides. just follow the line there on and push them out with a hard card wrapped in a paper towel. helps to heat from the outside a little as well. you should see some water coming out from the side when you push them if their the same type of bubbles that I've had.

Guest sendjoshg

like stated, the defroster lines on some cars are thick. we use a 000 steel wool to prepare these, similar to the sos pad, but suds-less. 000 steel wool will not scratch the glass and will rough up the lines to help the tint adhere. I also explain to the customer about these thick lines and why they do not allow moist tint to adhere. I ask them to return in 3-5 days so that I can press them down. the bubbles may leave a slight ghost after pressed down later on, but it is so much better looking and it lays down just as you explained it would so you do not look silly and it is less riky than heating the glass up so hot to get it to stick. even the best tinter can burn the tint doing this and that is no fun. give every tip a try and see which one works the best. if the customer is from out of town and cannot return in the 3-5 days you have no choice but to slice on the line to release the air. or ask them to hit up a tinter in their area for a "press out".

Archived