whats with the bubbles on the defroster lines

Guest lazyone87

dry shrink? DO NOT overshrink the film. Puckers, these bubbles, are caused by the film being overly shrunk. Check out "the Ryk Shrink" on the main page in the how to......lay it down fast and smooth...

Man, that's kickass method, but it's like rubbin' your tummy and pattin' your head at the same time, I don't have the coordination for it.... yet... :rollin

Guest Sunlimited

Its nice if you can leave the car outside running for a while, I like to just do another car while it sits outside heat on full blast, keep puttin the defroster on, then they just lay right down

Guest Katie0530

Dry shrink and hold the heat gun further away, shrink big areas at once and do it slower. I have tried so many different ways to stop this and this works. Your shrink may take longer but youll make up for it when you dont have to clean up all the issues. If you cant figure out this method invest in a small butane torch. Kick on the defrosters and any that pop torch them for a few seconds and then use a squegee so it can form around the defroster line, not a hard card and pull it all the way to the edges. Be sure not to get it to hot because you can make it boil. Also you should do it asap after the install because if it starts drying your screwed.

Guest zx1400
whats with the bubbles on the defroster lines and how can I avoid them

Ask the customer if they can bring their car back in one or two days, the bubbles should be dry by then , take your knife and cut a very small horizontal slit across the defogger line toward the end of the bubble and push the air bubble out slowly and smoothly, works every time. I use to push it out with the heat gun and it would take forever, and you could possibly damage the film with too much heat. Also you can scuff the rear window defogger very lightly with some soapy water and 3000 grit 3M wet or dry sand paper, this will help with the adhesion and prevent bubbling..

Archived