Have you ever wondered why prices go up when

Guest Marco

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Marco
Are you flat glass only? What is the name of your company?

Flat glass - Custom Tinting

What is your company name? What brands of film do you use?

Flat glass is different, business wise anyways compared to auto. I can make up the price difference on a two window job compared to flat glass, where you might use 5 rolls on a job and there is a difference when talking about these types of things. On to another topic about price increases has anyone checked to see if it's the distributors increasing the prices and not the manufacturer? Because Solargard does not increase every year and I order directly from Bekaert in Cali and it ships from Ct. I notice the only steady increases I see are from distributors :lock

I am 90% automotive and use about 90% Solargard HP , I also use Llumar Suntek and VentureShield North Shore Tint, Inc

As long as people continue to pay the prices will contunue to go up every year, the auto manufacture have done this for years ,every year cars go up even if there is no change in there cost or the body style of the vehicle. when people stop paying the prices will stop going up or go down. look at how much off sticker you can get off most news cars compared to say 3 years ago :lock

Are you flat glass only? What is the name of your company?

Flat glass - Custom Tinting

What is your company name? What brands of film do you use?

Flat glass is different, business wise anyways compared to auto. I can make up the price difference on a two window job compared to flat glass, where you might use 5 rolls on a job and there is a difference when talking about these types of things. On to another topic about price increases has anyone checked to see if it's the distributors increasing the prices and not the manufacturer? Because Solargard does not increase every year and I order directly from Bekaert in Cali and it ships from Ct. I notice the only steady increases I see are from distributors :lock

I am 90% automotive and use about 90% Solargard HP , I also use Llumar Suntek and VentureShield North Shore Tint, Inc

Bekaert is in my backyard(literally), one town away. I have seen them increase prices drastically, then when a customer complains, offer to bring your price back down. Unfortunately, the price increase was just that, not an increase due to material cost. I find it unscrupulous to jack up prices, then bring it back down only if the customer catches it. Many of the local auto installers here who I send work to have complained about this. Seeing a roll of 20" increase $30 without warning. Be sure to check your price you are paying today against invoives from recent months (4-6 months back) to be sure you did not have a price increase you were unaware of. This I would recommend to all tinters out there.

Guest Marco

I keep on top of those things, no different charges so far but I will really have to pay attention to all my charges now :thumb I'm dropping Plexus, it isn't worth the price and it went up without notice :hmmm

Archived