Quick question...

Who the hell is Amy Winehouse and why is the internet so insitant that I be aware that she exists and is big in to the drink and dr*gs?

There are plenty of chicks right here in my own town who look like crack-hizzos, and I havn't heard one word about them. Is it only because they didn't put out some talentless tripe of a song about not seeking help for their problems? :dunno

Seriously. WTF? WHO CARES?!?! I don't know anyone who cares, and I don't know anyone who know's anyone who cares. Why am I being inundated with information about nobodies who have become somebodies soley because they are purported to possess some alleged talent, and why is media be so insistant that I either care or be outraged when they do something to prove themselves fallible human beings? :dunno

Alright, so this wasn't so much a quick question :nuts ; and feel free to replace Winehouse with any other name that your sick of hearing lately. :dunno

It's distraction.

If they didn't talk about Brittany and Winehouse and Obama and Clinton et al, they'd actually have to talk about real news and that aint gonna happen. :dunno

Word, that's the truth!

She is just an overly tatooed, drugged up brit who the music industry is putting up on a pedestal for our kids to worship. Ugly as sin, ok blues singer. Her big hit was "They tried to make me go to rehab, I just said No No NO". Once she dies of an OD, they will tout her as the second coming on Janice. Personally, I think she sucks and won't let my kids listen to that crap.

Archived