2008 C350 benz

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I just tinted one on Saturday with Suntek Carbon film all the way around, and an hour or two later the customer calls up and says her bluetooth isn't working. I told her to check all her settings and get back to me, so she calls back an hour later and says it's working now, but has alot of static. I told her I'll call Mercedes Monday morning and find out if the film could be causing any problems. Has anybody else here had any similar issues using Carbon film. I figured since it has no metal it should be fine, that's why I sell the Carbon films for people with navi and stuff in their cars.

Guest Marco
I just tinted one on Saturday with Suntek Carbon film all the way around, and an hour or two later the customer calls up and says her bluetooth isn't working. I told her to check all her settings and get back to me, so she calls back an hour later and says it's working now, but has alot of static. I told her I'll call Mercedes Monday morning and find out if the film could be causing any problems. Has anybody else here had any similar issues using Carbon film. I figured since it has no metal it should be fine, that's why I sell the Carbon films for people with navi and stuff in their cars.

I have done a few without issues, maybe something got wet and will be ok when it dries out :DD . I don't see how the bluetooth would have static since it usually comes from other device interference :dunno

Guest naughtydog

I cant imagine the bluetooth tranmitter is in the glass - the head unit probably.

It would not use the screen antenna to transmit or recieve in my opinion..but hey - what do I know.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

Called the benz dealer Monday and they said that the film shouldn't be causing any static. I called customer back and she said it is now working fine. I think that maybe something was wet, and once it dried the problem went away.

Archived