Rear Window Defrost Question

Guest Stoked

Guest Stoked

I have never tinted a car, I am waiting on this guy to get the tint ordered so he can do my car but he is taking his time with it. I found someone else that can tint but he says he won't do it because I have rear defrost on my window. He said that he would have to cut out each line of the defrost so it wouldn't mess up the tint. Is that true that you can't just lay the tint over the defrost lines or do you have to cut out each line?

Guest Thetintcenter

Where are you located? Search on here for a qualified tinter who knows what there doing. Defroster lines won't hurt or harm the tint. Those other shops don't have a clue. The shop that won't tint a car that has defroster lines must not ever tint a car in the USA. 95% have them. Or he only tints trucks. :thumb

Guest lazyone87
Where are you located? Search on here for a qualified tinter who knows what there doing. Defroster lines won't hurt or harm the tint. Those other shops don't have a clue. The shop that won't tint a car that has defroster lines must not ever tint a car in the USA. 95% have them. Or he only tints trucks. :thumb

they r not tinters period! a real tinter wouldve said WHEN? WHERE? WHAT SHADE? I GOT IT.

Guest lazyone87
I have never tinted a car, I am waiting on this guy to get the tint ordered so he can do my car but he is taking his time with it. I found someone else that can tint but he says he won't do it because I have rear defrost on my window. He said that he would have to cut out each line of the defrost so it wouldn't mess up the tint. Is that true that you can't just lay the tint over the defrost lines or do you have to cut out each line?

they r not tinters period. a real tinter wouldve asked three questions( WHEN? WHERE? WHAT SHADE?) DONE!

Guest irishhanks2

they r not tinters period. a real tinter wouldve asked three questions( WHEN? WHERE? WHAT SHADE?) DONE!

true that :thumb cant tint over defroster what the hell kinda crap is that :thumb

I had a guy one time tell me that I could do removal by scraping in between the lines on the defrosters. He said the 1" blade fit perfect between them......

If this thread start is for real, then go find a real tinter. Window film will make a defroster work better.....

Can you even imagine what we whould have to charge if we would have to cut film for in between the defroster lines??? Would you do it for $1000 or would it be worth it even at that price??

Archived