how am i gonna do this one?

church wants to keep the sun out of the father's eyes during mass :thumb I'm not sure if scaffolding will be the ticket for this height or not. approx 35 ft to top of glass. any suggestions on install technique here?

here's the glass that's the problem.

churchfg7.jpg

glare comes in here on the right and through the windows on the left.

churchfg5.jpg

same pic on opposite side

churchfg3.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they ask me to measure the interior windows for now as they want to tint those instead of the ones in the direct sunlight. I plan on trying to close on the later because more glass = more $. and I want them to save on energy and get a benefit of heat reduction.

churchfg1.jpg

churchfg2.jpg

of course the side I won't be tinting has a convenient little ledge to measure from. however, I'll have to figure out some scaffolding to tint the other side. checked with Key West earlier to see if they make tint that would protect from the application side. of course the answer was no. :thumb Never know till you ask. thanks again for answering KW. always there for me.

churchfg6.jpg

What are you recommending for film? Those odd shaped windows would have me concerned with any higher heat absorbtion. Film to glass chart will help, but I would be extra careful since the expansion on those odd shapes will cause some crazy stresses.

What are you recommending for film? Those odd shaped windows would have me concerned with any higher heat absorbtion. Film to glass chart will help, but I would be extra careful since the expansion on those odd shapes will cause some crazy stresses.

DN 35 was my 1st choice. or possibly a bronze as a 2nd. they require that it not take away from the stained glass or current looks of the outside. they requested a "smoke" look. I thought the bronze would be a cool flow with the other colors. but something nuetral will probably be the ticket.

good point. so you would recommend going to the inside windows?

Odd shaped glass and it is large. Even installing the 35 could be too much heat stress due to the custom cutting of the glass.

Kynar is an exterior film. Easier to install that what you are dealing with and less heat stress on the glass.

Guest vclimber
church wants to keep the sun out of the father's eyes during mass :thumb I'm not sure if scaffolding will be the ticket for this height or not. approx 35 ft to top of glass. any suggestions on install technique here?

here's the glass that's the problem.

He better start praying for a miracle. :thumb

Archived