how am i gonna do this one?

at 35 feet I'm renting a scissor lift. too much scaffolding for me to set up.

Yeah absolutely save your back and rent a lift.

I'm guessing the interior glass is single pane? If so get the glare reduction there, and if you get the job go 50%ish (check first) on that actual window.

Are those rings on the outside or the inside? If they are on the outside your going to have some "fun" installing Kynar. If they are on the inside Kynar may take away from the look of the rings.

I can't imagine the rings being actual part of that curtain wall system, and the glass being cut to fit all those dimensions :thumb . However good luck and congrats on selling a job.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
at 35 feet I'm renting a scissor lift. too much scaffolding for me to set up.

Yeah absolutely save your back and rent a lift.

I'm guessing the interior glass is single pane? If so get the glare reduction there, and if you get the job go 50%ish (check first) on that actual window.

Are those rings on the outside or the inside? If they are on the outside your going to have some "fun" installing Kynar. If they are on the inside Kynar may take away from the look of the rings.

I can't imagine the rings being actual part of that curtain wall system, and the glass being cut to fit all those dimensions :thumb . However good luck and congrats on selling a job.

haven't checked out the dimensions and weight of a lift that's available yet. hope I can get it in there. that will be a first for me. the rings looks to be a framework on the inside only. the squares you see are the actual window units. in that case it seems safe to tint. I wasn't sure about cutting the film and applying on those different shapes though. wondered if it would increase the absorption danger. I may just go to the interior windows. it is after all what the custy requested done. :thumb

Guest lazyone87

scizzor lift will do the job and people make it seem so hard and scary but actually this is fun, atleast 2 me it is. if ur real a tinter , this is cake. :thumb

Odd shaped glass and it is large. Even installing the 35 could be too much heat stress due to the custom cutting of the glass.

Kynar is an exterior film. Easier to install that what you are dealing with and less heat stress on the glass.

exterior is something I would suggest righ off the bat, if you can find a manufacturer who will warranty it on that large of glass go for it. interior you'd be absorbing way to much heat even if you use a dual reflective :eyebrows:thumb

genie 1530 is what I always use , never failed me

we've used them as well :thumb

My advice, talk them into tinting both sections of glass. The exterior with a 50%, the interior with 50-35%. This will cut the glare effectively and reduce the heat stress issue greatly. If doing just one section, you will be creating too much stress on those odd shaped panes(if they are divided that way. No matter what, I would say to contact your film manufacturer and discuss what you are working on and make sure they will warranty the glass AND what film they would approve!!!

went back today to take a closer look at the exterior glass. that looks to be framing on the inside and out. maybe that glass is cut like that. wow... this is turning into a weird job. still taking advice. thanks.

Guest vclimber
went back today to take a closer look at the exterior glass. that looks to be framing on the inside and out. maybe that glass is cut like that. wow... this is turning into a weird job. still taking advice. thanks.

:lol:hmmm:thumb

Archived