how am i gonna do this one?

Guest tintgod
went back today to take a closer look at the exterior glass. that looks to be framing on the inside and out. maybe that glass is cut like that. wow... this is turning into a weird job. still taking advice. thanks.

see if they can give you the glass installer or manny..and see what the windows cost to replace..reemember..the manny will only pay so much...and then see if it is worth taking a risk. :thumb ..if one window cracks..there goes your profit..and many then some...of you have to go back and remove the stuff.

I would say stick with the inside glass. :hmmm

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
went back today to take a closer look at the exterior glass. that looks to be framing on the inside and out. maybe that glass is cut like that. wow... this is turning into a weird job. still taking advice. thanks.

uhh wow! I would guess with some kinda reflective 50% on the inside would be your best bet. Consult the manu., and the Glass contractor who did the work.

Better you than me. Good Luck!

What vlt bronze? 20% is risky, so if thats it, get it in writing from the manufacturer first. Cover your a$$

manny says 35% on exterior glass will work. however, haven't double-checked what's safe for the interior glass, which is what I plan to tint at this point. it is after all what the custy requested. easier, cheaper for them. all things point to the units surrounding the stained glass. if 35% will work for the manny, I'll give it a go. if absorption seems too crazy, I'll check out 50%. I'm sure any difference I can make will be much appreciated considering their level of concern. seems there are some on here that wouldn't touch this job. who says go for it? I need to hear it.

Guest willie
What vlt bronze? 20% is risky, so if thats it, get it in writing from the manufacturer first. Cover your a$$

manny says 35% on exterior glass will work. however, haven't double-checked what's safe for the interior glass, which is what I plan to tint at this point. it is after all what the custy requested. easier, cheaper for them. all things point to the units surrounding the stained glass. if 35% will work for the manny, I'll give it a go. if absorption seems too crazy, I'll check out 50%. I'm sure any difference I can make will be much appreciated considering their level of concern. seems there are some on here that wouldn't touch this job. who says go for it? I need to hear it.

what manny are you using :thumb

st ids bronze 35% was recommended by st.

Guest tintgod

:olfa

the interior glass should not be much concern. Those are straight windows right? Are they double or single pane? Regardless you should be able to put any 35% on them as the outside window will be taking the brunt of the heat off of those.

ST doesnt have a 50% bronze.

jwf does.

Archived