older model cars

Guest lazyone87

Guest lazyone87

whts the best way 2 do the the older model cars or trucks with no black trim around the edge cause the dirt always goes back in the film and I hate it.

trim the film a bit smaller than the window and lay a bead of black caulking around it.....

OR, charge an arm and leg, require NEW seals, and hope they stay away so you can focus on the new easy cars.

Guest thatsnappyguy

for example.....old ass f-150 rear glass, dodge van cargos, old s-10, blah blah ect ect...just pop em out, tint, rope back in. cleanest job in town. a lil work required, but its worth it in the end.

whts the best way 2 do the the older model cars or trucks with no black trim around the edge cause the dirt always goes back in the film and I hate it.
I like to cut the film to size, clean the glass/rubber excessively well, squeegee dry, paper towel dry the all the rubber, make sure the peeled pattern is thoroughly soaked, and install on clean/dry glass. :thumb That's whats always worked best for me. I hope it works for you too.

That's the same way I do french panes.

Guest sendjoshg
I like to cut the film to size, clean the glass/rubber excessively well, squeegee dry, paper towel dry the all the rubber, make sure the peeled pattern is thoroughly soaked, and install on clean/dry glass. :thumb That's whats always worked best for me. I hope it works for you too.

AMEN

I like to cut the film to size, clean the glass/rubber excessively well, squeegee dry, paper towel dry the all the rubber, make sure the peeled pattern is thoroughly soaked, and install on clean/dry glass. :spit That's whats always worked best for me. I hope it works for you too.

:lol:lol6:thumb

..... And charge more $$$. Takes more time to clean and tint the older ones :thumb:rollin

The only thing I would add to the "super soak the film and apply to the dry , clean glass technique is that make sure as part of the cleaning procedure of the glass , SUPER flush with a powerful stream of solution to dislodge any old contaminate that might want to float down into the film when loading on the tint. Flush , squeegee, flush, squeegee, flush squeegee. Good to go ! :evilgrin

Archived