2008 Rabbit

Guest sendjoshg

Really?? Leave it long and bump it around where you crease it. I do "em all the time with ease and I only been at this 4 years. Oh, by the way try using Suntek. HA Ha. LOL.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Tints

Done loadssssssssssss of these now,( 50+) We tint more of these than any other car, probs average 2 of these a week :thumb we do stuff for couple of VW dealers

Picturenew045.jpg

Picturenew070.jpg

Picturenew103.jpg

if they are troublesome, leave fingers on the sides when you shrink. when they are on the inside they become short and fat because the window is so curved on the far sides. they are easy to just heat out. when my trainees do them I have them leave fingers first, I think if they try to shrink the whole thing theyll heat crease it.

Guest tintec

I dry soap ahrink them and leave long at the botttom and lift and pull a wee bit,but it takes me 2 hours+ to heat out top corners to get em to stick and ive done 4 of these same every time,do you guys have this problem???

Guest naughtydog
I dry soap ahrink them and leave long at the botttom and lift and pull a wee bit,but it takes me 2 hours+ to heat out top corners to get em to stick and ive done 4 of these same every time,do you guys have this problem???

Geez...are you saying 2 hours just for the back glass?? :rimshot When you have done a few you can do them in under 30 mins installed.

What film are you using?

Guest naughtydog

Geez...are you saying 2 hours just for the back glass?? :rimshot When you have done a few you can do them in under 30 mins installed.

What film are you using?

Guest tintec

johnsons greystone,yea ive done 4 or 5 now and the top corners just will not stick and thats what takes most time for me heating glass trying to stick them,only solutuion I can think of is to use less soap in slip

Guest naughtydog
johnsons greystone,yea ive done 4 or 5 now and the top corners just will not stick and thats what takes most time for me heating glass trying to stick them,only solutuion I can think of is to use less soap in slip

I think you must be overshrinking at the top, the heat from shrinking hits the spoiler and overcooks the film easily.

Archived