2008 Rabbit

if they are troublesome, leave fingers on the sides when you shrink. when they are on the inside they become short and fat because the window is so curved on the far sides. they are easy to just heat out. when my trainees do them I have them leave fingers first, I think if they try to shrink the whole thing theyll heat crease it.

sounds bout right.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if they are troublesome, leave fingers on the sides when you shrink. when they are on the inside they become short and fat because the window is so curved on the far sides. they are easy to just heat out. when my trainees do them I have them leave fingers first, I think if they try to shrink the whole thing theyll heat crease it.

That's what happened in my case, a few little creases about 1/2 inch in length, near the top and bottom corner on the right side. Can't wait to get another, I'm always up to the challenge to get it right. Next time I'll leave some fingers like you said!! :lol:thumb

Guest tintec
johnsons greystone,yea ive done 4 or 5 now and the top corners just will not stick and thats what takes most time for me heating glass trying to stick them,only solutuion I can think of is to use less soap in slip

I think you must be overshrinking at the top, the heat from shrinking hits the spoiler and overcooks the film easily.

yes thats sounds about right because its always on top corners,bottom corners stick fine,ill look out for that next time,thanks

Guest Dr.Window

Resuming Golf 5 is a PIA and I'm loving the chalenge!

Only done 2 of them but with time I will achieve it!

Error and trial makes you perfect, don't stop doing s***t and learning with it!

Resuming Golf 5 is a PIA and I'm loving the chalenge!

Only done 2 of them but with time I will achieve it!

Error and trial makes you perfect, don't stop doing s***t and learning with it!

love doing tough shrinks but 99.5% of VW customers in general are the cheapest SOB''s on earth...so it's hard to charge extra. The last 3 I did were R32's

Guest naughtydog

I personally do them in soap, leave them long and take the film right to the edge of the glass, pull a BIG finger to this area and blitz it, this will tighten it up a lot. Leave a few at the sides and heat those in.

Archived