2008 Rabbit

j&j babby powder on every car I shrink :boogagay2: easier shrink than soap or drier sheet

explain "easier." I hadn't heard this. I just switched to soap from Bounce sheets. I do think I'm shrinking faster for some reason. but, could be my skill level. had a lot of sedans lately where I'm usually doing flat trucks, suv's. anyway, what makes this method easier???

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cartek

I just did one of these coupes on friday. I dont remember experiencing any real difficulty on the rear glass. I think I wet shrank it too actually. I cant remember now though..

work center out leave extra on top and bottom (20x54) notch wiper or remove heat center out 6 inches from the corners start stretchin lite heat and pull away from corners let cool return let cool return.

Guest tint325i

I have done loads of these in johnson greystone, I soap or powder them depending on what mood im in, dont think it makes a big difference,leave it long on the bottm, then once you've got most of it shrunk with just the 2 bottom corners left to finish I lift the corners, spray a little water under then lift and pull the bottom corners, I've never noticed a big problem at the top and could probably do 4-5 in 2 hours!!

Guest filmslayer

I've done several and wet shrink , cut to fit slide down, shrink top , slide up shrink bottom, there will be side fingers but they heat out real easy ,I've never thought of them as real hard.

Archived