Please Help!! I need advice on my tint job!

Guest Parker

Guest Parker

I had a guy install tint on my 2004 Ford F150 about 4 days ago. He is supposedly the best guy in my city as far as tinting. I have heard nothing but good things about his work. He used to do it for a big company here, but now he does it in his home garage with products he orders from Llumar. It looks good from a distance, but the closer you get there are lots of bubbles in the tint (on all windows). I really don't want to have to have him redo it, but I paid $170 and I want my money's worth. I called him the day after and he said to give it a few days and it would clear up. Is this true? It's going on 5 days now, and certain parts cleared up but new problem areas appeared as well. Should I make that dreaded phone call to have him redo the whole job?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WISEGUYSinc

where are you at?? maybe it's not hot enough for all the solution to dry up in a few days..

snap some close up photos and post them on here..

I think maybe you should give it a few more days before you decide you want the guy to redue the tint job..

:thumb

I had a guy install tint on my 2004 Ford F150 about 4 days ago. He is supposedly the best guy in my city as far as tinting. I have heard nothing but good things about his work. He used to do it for a big company here, but now he does it in his home garage with products he orders from Llumar. It looks good from a distance, but the closer you get there are lots of bubbles in the tint (on all windows). I really don't want to have to have him redo it, but I paid $170 and I want my money's worth. I called him the day after and he said to give it a few days and it would clear up. Is this true? It's going on 5 days now, and certain parts cleared up but new problem areas appeared as well. Should I make that dreaded phone call to have him redo the whole job?

from this, sounds like contamination. maybe he was working with the garage door up to catch a breeze and the film / glass caught some dust before the tint went on. :thumb I started out in my home garage. since moving into a shop which I only use for tinting, I find I have much less contamination in the finished product. home garages are usually a catch-all for all sorts of things. I haven't seen this guy's place, but from your description, that's my :olfa

Do you have any pics? It's pretty common to have water blotching for a few days depending on tempature. If he is that reputable give him the benefit of the doubt. Not many side job guys will use Llumar, an installer can buy two rolls of cheap stuff for what is paid for one roll of Llumar.

Are the bubbles white or just lightly diffrent in color of the film?

Guest Parker
I had a guy install tint on my 2004 Ford F150 about 4 days ago. He is supposedly the best guy in my city as far as tinting. I have heard nothing but good things about his work. He used to do it for a big company here, but now he does it in his home garage with products he orders from Llumar. It looks good from a distance, but the closer you get there are lots of bubbles in the tint (on all windows). I really don't want to have to have him redo it, but I paid $170 and I want my money's worth. I called him the day after and he said to give it a few days and it would clear up. Is this true? It's going on 5 days now, and certain parts cleared up but new problem areas appeared as well. Should I make that dreaded phone call to have him redo the whole job? I live in Mississippi so I'm pretty sure it's hot enough here, but we do also have terrible humidity. I will try to get some pictures up, but all I have is a cell phone camera. The bubbles are mostly very small. They are visible from the outside and inside, and appear to be clear. The majority of them are very small, but they are clustered in certain areas.

Guest Parker

Sorry, I'm new and still trying to figure out how to add more to my original message. In case there's any confusion, I live in Mississippi so I'm pretty sure it's hot enough here, but we do also have terrible humidity. I will try to get some pictures up, but all I have is a cell phone camera. The bubbles are mostly very small. They are visible from the outside and inside, and appear to be clear. The majority of them are very small, but they are clustered in certain areas.

Guest WISEGUYSinc
Sorry, I'm new and still trying to figure out how to add more to my original message. In case there's any confusion, I live in Mississippi so I'm pretty sure it's hot enough here, but we do also have terrible humidity. I will try to get some pictures up, but all I have is a cell phone camera. The bubbles are mostly very small. They are visible from the outside and inside, and appear to be clear. The majority of them are very small, but they are clustered in certain areas.

that sounds like debris :thumb

Archived