Please Help!! I need advice on my tint job!

Guest Parker

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Parker

I appreciate all the help. I had people telling me before I even went that if it looked good they would probably go see him as well, and I told him that while he was doing it. Luckily though no one has seen it yet except for my wife, so it won't hurt him at all. Thanks again.

Are you sure those bubbles are clear and not white? "Clear will dissapear, White might not"

If it is indeed 5 days it "should" be dry. He must of had a real bad day if it is debris. Do you know if he is registered on tintdude?

Guest Parker

I am fairly certain that they are clear. I haven't had too much experience b/c usually I buy cars that already have the tint done on them. I don't know if he is registered on here or not, I just found this site today. He used to tint for a place called Rick's Pro Truck here in Jackson, MS. But they quit doing tint a while back so he opened up a new shop but couldn't find enough reliable help. So, now he just does it on the side of his day job, and orders all of his stuff from Llumar. That's another thing, I don't see how he could miss that much debris. Although, since he did it in his garage, it looked good in there until I got it out in the sunlight (or if there is any direct light on the bad areas). I guess I will just park it out in the sunlight tomorrow morning and leave it there as long as possible. Then if there is no improvement I guess I will call him back. Hopefully he will be willing to work something out with me so I don't have to go somewhere else. There aren't many places that tint windows here, especially many credible ones.

Guest Sprinter

you keep saying their clear, you can't see any little specks like dark particles between the film and galss, if you see specks it's contamination, dirt under the film, but you say there clear, sounds like it is still drying out.

if you get down about arm rest height and look up at the film with the sun to your back so the film is shinny is all clear or specks like little stars everywhere?

Guest Parker

From what I can tell they are all clear. But I will check it out again first thing in the morning b/c it is too dark to see right now. I will try that and post back in the morning. Thanks

It sounds like moisture. Let it dry for another week then give him a call if it don't disappear. Maybe he was just tired when he did your car and limp-wristed and left alot of moisture in there. If I was at home doing a side job and you were there watching me, I might limp-wrist it just to get you outta there faster. Just think you dont like it when someones watching you eat. :thumb :thumb

Guest Parker

I agree it is not a lot of money, but it's just enough to where I would very much like not to have to pay someone else for the same service. And I also agree about watching him work, but when you live in B.F.E. and you want people to come to your house, what else are they supposed to do?

Archived