Please Help!! I need advice on my tint job!

Guest Parker

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sendjoshg

Any good metallized film can take up to a month and a half to dry out completely, even in the summer. I have done relatives cars and they asked me when it will dry. Since the jobs were free and I knew it was not dirty I had nothing to gain or lose by telling them honestly to give it time. Film is installed using a large amount of water and the thicker the film the longer it needs to dry. A clear bubble is water. A white speck is obviously not water, but debris. Especially in the center of the window, no reputable tinter would leave enough junk for you to notice, and as you said he is reputable. If he cares enough to buy the most expensive film on the market I would put money on it being water. Like one guy stated, if it does dry up, go with one of the friends you recommend and give him $50 for doubting his professional opinion.

Guest vincetints

That definitely sounds like water, not debris. Clear, some goes away, others pop up, in little clusters. Debris looks white from the outside. Debris does not go away, nor does it just show up. It is there from the beginning. It takes 2 weeks to a month for film to dry out completely. It's okay to wait that long. He won't think you messed with it.

I'd hate for you to drive all that way just to find out it's normal. And it is normal, despite what others will tell you.

Guest Parker

Okay I will definitely give it some time then. I parked it out in the sun first thing this morning so hopefully that will help. Also, I was trying to take pictures of it but I'm not sure how I can do it. I keep getting reflections, or the camera shot goes all the way through the window so that you can't see the bubbles. I tried in the driveway and in the garage. Any tips?

Okay I will definitely give it some time then. I parked it out in the sun first thing this morning so hopefully that will help. Also, I was trying to take pictures of it but I'm not sure how I can do it. I keep getting reflections, or the camera shot goes all the way through the window so that you can't see the bubbles. I tried in the driveway and in the garage. Any tips?

Take it at an angle, from about 2 feet away. Outside in your driveway. Usually that works.

Guest Litespeeds

I am surprised that nobody here asked him to touch the bubble from the inside to see if there is slip solution inside the bubble or does it feel like something got trapped inside there.

Guest Parker

I can't seem to get a decent picture of it. It's so bright outside that I only get reflections. But I touched the bubbles from the inside, and it just felt kinda hardened. They are really too small to accurately tell if it feels like there is still solution in there.

Guest Parker

That's the best I can get right now. I'm just tired of riding around with a bad looking tint job...but if you guys think it will clear up eventually then I will wait. As far as the bubbles appearing clear or white, it seems like there is a fine line...but they look clear to me. Those are some of the bubbles towards the left of the middle, the rest is just reflections

Archived