Please Help!! I need advice on my tint job!

Guest Parker

I think you should drive down to the cop shop.... pull an officer outside and show him your tinted windshield and make him arrest the tinter for leaving bubbles in your windshield.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you should drive down to the cop shop.... pull an officer outside and show him your tinted windshield and make him arrest the tinter for leaving bubbles in your windshield.

How do you know its not a 35 or 50 vlt film on the sides and you are looking past the imperfections.

Parker how dark did you go?

Guest Parker

28% is what's legal here in Mississippi, so that's what I did. I wanted to go darker but they're cracking down on that now. It looks really good from a distance, but the closer you get the worse it gets. I think it's solved now though b/c he just called me to see if I was happy with the job, and I told him the deal and so I'm going to meet him tomorrow morning and let him look at it. He said he would redo it if necessary. Thanks for everyone's advice, and I'll do what a couple of you said...if it turns out to be no big deal, then I will give him an extra $50.

TintJobFromaDistance.jpg

Guest Parker

I had 35 on it first when I bought it, but it started rippling on the driver side window to where I couldn't see out the rearview mirror, so I had it redone with 28, and I think 15 on the back windshield.

And by the way, to that one guy...what the hell are you talking about??? I didn't get the windshield tinted, that's the passenger side window.

The picture to me looked like the front windshield was tinted w/ a small light gap on the bottom of the matrix....

If I was mistaken.... I apologize..

I guess for now on I need to super-size the pics so I can see the 'light gap' was really the start of the silver hood... It's hell getting old... :thumb

Guest Parker

Yeah, truthfully I don't know what the deal with that is...I guess it's the hood. There is a dot matrix at the bottom of the windshield, but I know better than to put any tint on the windshield. That's actually supposed to be a picture of the passenger window but the camera just zoomed right through it. That's why I wish my tint was darker, but I don't really wanna pay a 200 dollar ticket.

Guest Parker

I know it definitely looks near perfect, but trust me if I could get a decent picture of it you would agree that somethin's not right.

Archived