discounts for multiple car??????????????

:thumb I dont see where you need to do them all on the same day. :nope Just tell them that they pay reg. price on the first 2-3-4..whatever, and the discount will be applied to the last car. At a $10 discount/car...they bring 3 cars....first car $200, second car $200, third car...you got it $170. :thumb . That way you dont need them all on the same day (which may be difficult for a customer to arrange), and if they dont bring you the last car....you aren't out any $ :thumb

That insures you dont let yourself get ripped off but for a one man show sometimes that is just another headache to keep up with if they dont bring all the cars in a timely manner (like at least all in the same week) but even then sometimes when I am busy I couldn't even tell you what cars I tinted just the day before.

Im a one man show.....all ya have to do is get them to bring in the receipts for the previous 2-3-4 jobs. As long as they are within a predetermined period...no problem. :lol2

If your already busy there is no reason to give a discount, but if you have nothing else going on give em a little break. That's what I do. I figure it's better to make a little less than nothing at all, especially if the lousy economy is hitting your area as hard as it is some places. :thumb

Guest JUSTIN

Note to self....when people are calling around asking for a multiple car discount, often times they are just getting a group of friends together, or they aren't going to bring more than 1 car, and they are just researching how cheap a shop is willing to go. Only in the winter will I offer a mulitple car discount, and they have to bring all vehicles the same day, or they do not receive a discount. If a consumer geniunely has 2 cars to tint, they understand why they have to bring them the same day. They know we deal with the general public and know people work hard just to get something for free.

If a consumer complains to me that another shop is willing to offer them a discounted price, I do take the time to let them know they are also offering a lesser quality window film and their installation does not compare to our installation. We take the additional time to provide the cleanest level of installation, where our competitors are geared for rotation of vehicles. If that isn't something you value, then we just aren't the window tinting business for you. Sometimes if you take the time to educate the consumer, you will win their business at full retail. With that said, when you have a full day's work, and the phone won't quit ringing, and you can't get your work done, it's hard to take the time to talk to consumers.

If your already busy there is no reason to give a discount, but if you have nothing else going on give em a little break. That's what I do. I figure it's better to make a little less than nothing at all, especially if the lousy economy is hitting your area as hard as it is some places. :thumb

Agreed, when I am running around the shop and look like nothing but a$4hole and elbows the phone constantly ringing and it resembles a three ring circus act I should be charging more not discounting

The truth is there is no one answere that will fit all situations. There is more than one way to skin a cat (if that is something you want to do).

No joke if you give the multi car discount make sure to apply to the last on that way you get exactly what you agreed to. In some cases this method can be very effective.

Note to self....when people are calling around asking for a multiple car discount, often times they are just getting a group of friends together, or they aren't going to bring more than 1 car, and they are just researching how cheap a shop is willing to go. Only in the winter will I offer a mulitple car discount, and they have to bring all vehicles the same day, or they do not receive a discount. If a consumer geniunely has 2 cars to tint, they understand why they have to bring them the same day. They know we deal with the general public and know people work hard just to get something for free.

If a consumer complains to me that another shop is willing to offer them a discounted price, I do take the time to let them know they are also offering a lesser quality window film and their installation does not compare to our installation. We take the additional time to provide the cleanest level of installation, where our competitors are geared for rotation of vehicles. If that isn't something you value, then we just aren't the window tinting business for you. Sometimes if you take the time to educate the consumer, you will win their business at full retail. With that said, when you have a full day's work, and the phone won't quit ringing, and you can't get your work done, it's hard to take the time to talk to consumers.

There is a great deal of truth in that! :thumb

Guest BlackOut

I'm with Beeline...

IF you give discount (and I'd always try to justify the normal price first) then the whole discount comes off the 3rd car.

You have to remember the one issue no one has brought to the table yet. The majority of customers who request a discount, will be the same ones who will be your biggest pains after the sale. They will want the deal, but be back with in a few days or a week with an 'issue' on their windows. You will be re-doing work for them repeatedly and they will always be back for warranty work. It's like the diferrence from a young kid and an older custome. Many younger kids make minimum wage or a little over, so their money is worth alot to them. A tint job is like half to a whole weeks pay. The guy who makes $150,000/year, this amount is much lower in comparission and will possibly be less headaches down the road. The guy who wants a discount will still expect the best quality job and will probably be more|\|4L about very little thing.

I say, if they want a quantity discount, do one at a time over a few days, have him pay for each as they get done, and give him the discount on the last car, 10% off the last car only. This way, full billing for the first two, and if he decides to 'not do' the last car, you have already been paid for what you have done. This could be a scam also, ask for a discount, show up with one, say you'll be back with the next, and then never show back up......

Good Luck!!!

If your already busy there is no reason to give a discount, but if you have nothing else going on give em a little break. That's what I do. I figure it's better to make a little less than nothing at all, especially if the lousy economy is hitting your area as hard as it is some places. :DD

I tell them no problem..come back in winter when I'm slow and I'll knock off a few $$ on the LAST car ..otherwise no discounts when I'm already booked up ..it's sunny out now ! lol no shortage of work from regular paying customers :lol2

Archived