sample books

I ordered a couple rolls of film Thursday and I asked for a two auto sample books, and they said, no problem, well put a couple in the box for ya.

I'm looking at the invoice, and they charged me $5 a book. :evilgrin They didn't say it would cost me anything, just charged me. Next they will charge for their warranty cards.

I have never been charged for their sample books before, is this a new thing, or am I just being a cheap azz. I realize that they cost money, but in light of not getting any other source of marketing material from them, they could at least donate the two small books. After all, I use them to try and sell their product.

Sure, its just $5, but whats next, they could have at least told me. I will call them monday and vent, just wish they were open today.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suntek did that to me once with T-shirts, made it sound like they were free and ended up charging me $28....I was too embarrassed to ask for a refund. Sample books do cost, they might send you a free one but you have to ask.

Suntek did that to me once with T-shirts, made it sound like they were free and ended up charging me $28....I was too embarrassed to ask for a refund. Sample books do cost, they might send you a free one but you have to ask.

It was them. It's not the money as much as the principal of the thing.

It's no different when someone comes to me to get two doors done. When they drop it off they ask for a visor strip, and I say no problem. When they come back, I have added a cost for that strip without telling them. They might not say anything, but would be aggravated about it.

It may sound like I'm looking for something for nothing, but for those who know me, know that I'm not. They dont even offer any material to help promote the business, without asking, from what I'm told. I dont even know what they have to offer in order to ask.

I have had a dealing with another company recently, and they were more than willing to send what ever I needed, but they even asked what I would like to have, and then called back and asked if I would like some samples as well. I will definately be adding their product to my inventory shortly.

Things are getting tight with this economy, and we are doing everything we can to offer more for the dollar spent with us, I think tint suppliers might want to start doing this for us as well, and not go the other direction, because just like our customers having more than one shop to choose from, we also have more than one supplier to choose from.

Sorry for the rant, but I do feel better now :evilgrin:evilgrin:dunno

I think you have a valid rant. I have not ever been charged for the sample books or even a sample roll of film. I believe in the principle of what you said. If they were going to charge you they should have told you up front. On a side note, every time I place an order I jokingly ask what am I getting free with this order. So far I have either received free sample rolls, posters, apron, and swatch books. I guess once I start ordering enough they figure I am making enough to pay for it until then free stuff to promote. Good luck Monday.

I here ya. I just put in an order with Global though. You should see all the free stuff I got!!! New Milwaukee heat gun, t-shirts, aprons, sample books, POP displays, wall displays, measuring tapes...tons of stuff. In fact I think there was about 6-8 boxes of free stuff. :lol2 AND I am really likin the service they give!

I here ya. I just put in an order with Global though. You should see all the free stuff I got!!! New Milwaukee heat gun, t-shirts, aprons, sample books, POP displays, wall displays, measuring tapes...tons of stuff. In fact I think there was about 6-8 boxes of free stuff. :lol2 AND I am really likin the service they give!

:DD rub it in why dont ya :lol2:lol2

I here ya. I just put in an order with Global though. You should see all the free stuff I got!!! New Milwaukee heat gun, t-shirts, aprons, sample books, POP displays, wall displays, measuring tapes...tons of stuff. In fact I think there was about 6-8 boxes of free stuff. :eyebrows AND I am really likin the service they give!

As lildetails stated, you pay for em, one way or another. They certainly cannot send you 6-8 boxes of free stuff and stay in business. This is another way of buying your business. But down the road, it will probably cost you. If I have to pay a reasonable price for materials, I would rather that and know what I paid, then have it come out of me somewhere down the pike. All the materials and tools you mentioned have to cost a great deal, especially heat guns, shirts and aprons, so, unleaa you ordered a good amount of film (we're talking $1000 +) their profit margin went down the tubes. I always am cautious of anyone who gives me free stuff to order from them. Good luck, but remember to watch your tush, It may come out somewhere!!!

Archived