sample books

As lildetails stated, you pay for em, one way or another. They certainly cannot send you 6-8 boxes of free stuff and stay in business. This is another way of buying your business. But down the road, it will probably cost you. If I have to pay a reasonable price for materials, I would rather that and know what I paid, then have it come out of me somewhere down the pike. All the materials and tools you mentioned have to cost a great deal, especially heat guns, shirts and aprons, so, unleaa you ordered a good amount of film (we're talking $1000 +) their profit margin went down the tubes. I always am cautious of anyone who gives me free stuff to order from them. Good luck, but remember to watch your tush, It may come out somewhere!!!

:evilgrin I personally dont think $1000 worth of film is a "good amount of film". I know we do pay more for film up here in Canada, mainly because of the fees at the border. Without talking price, I will say that if I would have paid the same amount of dollars with my Llullu dist.....I would have had one less roll of film and nothing but the free shipping to show for it. :evilgrin

Reason for edit: spelling...again! :evilgrin

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As lildetails stated, you pay for em, one way or another. They certainly cannot send you 6-8 boxes of free stuff and stay in business. This is another way of buying your business. But down the road, it will probably cost you. If I have to pay a reasonable price for materials, I would rather that and know what I paid, then have it come out of me somewhere down the pike. All the materials and tools you mentioned have to cost a great deal, especially heat guns, shirts and aprons, so, unleaa you ordered a good amount of film (we're talking $1000 +) their profit margin went down the tubes. I always am cautious of anyone who gives me free stuff to order from them. Good luck, but remember to watch your tush, It may come out somewhere!!!

:evilgrin I personally dont think $1000 worth of film is a "good amount of film". I know we do pay more for film up here in Canada, mainly because of the fees at the border. Without talking price, I will say that if I would have paid the same amount of dollars with my Llullu dist.....I would have had one less roll of film and nothing but the free shipping to show for it. :evilgrin

Reason for edit: spelling...again! :evilgrin

Still. you have to agree, no one gives anything for free. Global, Llumar, Madico, etc. If you rec. free goods, they have to pay for it somewhere.

I give out free stuff all the time. I pay for it out of my profits, and write it off at the end of the year. I am betting they do about the same. Nothing wrong with turning a profit in my books :evilgrin

There's no such thing as "FREE" someone has to pay the price.

thats right Mark, no free lunch even if it sounds like one........................................ money is getting tight but people might fix up a car they have instead of buying new with tint from the dealer :evilgrin

I here ya. I just put in an order with Global though. You should see all the free stuff I got!!! New Milwaukee heat gun, t-shirts, aprons, sample books, POP displays, wall displays, measuring tapes...tons of stuff. In fact I think there was about 6-8 boxes of free stuff. :evilgrin AND I am really likin the service they give!

If I could get that kind of treatment I would switch to global in a second! I talked to the folks who service my area and they just didn't seem very interested in selling film :evilgrin

ALL mine were free, I would throw a :bat if I were charged for them :lol:lol

oh....you pay for them, may not be a direct charge but, you do pay for them!

Never thought of it that way, but you're right. Well I will start :poop if I were to see it invoiced :evilgrin

holy :lol ppl....read back to how this thread started!!!!! Dave ordered "a couple of rolls of film" and got charged $5 /sample book!!!!

So you all think that instead of gettin free sample books (nothing is free after all) that we should be payin to get sample books. Are you freakin kiddin me!?!?!?!? we are sellin these ppl's products!!!! And you all think we should be givin them the $5/sample book !?!?!?! :evilgrin

holy :lol ppl....read back to how this thread started!!!!! Dave ordered "a couple of rolls of film" and got charged $5 /sample book!!!!

So you all think that instead of gettin free sample books (nothing is free after all) that we should be payin to get sample books. Are you freakin kiddin me!?!?!?!? we are sellin these ppl's products!!!! And you all think we should be givin them the $5/sample book !?!?!?! :evilgrin

I would never GIVE a customer a sample book. I leave them with sample/data sheets for the films that will suit their application. If you leave a whole book, you will be soending the next month discussing ALL the films in it and which ones they think migh work for them. Sample books are for MY use only, sample sheets are for the customer. Those cost pretty much nothing.

the way one film distributor put it was that they charge for things like film books, banners, and other marketing materials. The did not charge as much on film and said that IF you are getting free things then the company is charging more for their film than they have to. You PAY for those materials with every purchase! For the amount of marketing materials that I use from any distributor I would much rather pay for them direct than to be paying all the time for them......

Like I said you will be paying for them one way or another!!

How much do you think that they are really making off of a film book at $5 even?? What would it cost you to make one?? How much time would it take?

Archived