sample books

Guest Thetintcenter
the way one film distributor put it was that they charge for things like film books, banners, and other marketing materials. The did not charge as much on film and said that IF you are getting free things then the company is charging more for their film than they have to. You PAY for those materials with every purchase! For the amount of marketing materials that I use from any distributor I would much rather pay for them direct than to be paying all the time for them......

Like I said you will be paying for them one way or another!!

How much do you think that they are really making off of a film book at $5 even?? What would it cost you to make one?? How much time would it take?

Your right on here! Think of the printing costs involved and the time to cut and put together these books. They are probably just recovering cost. Any business that has promo's to give out pays for them. Banners are expensive to have made and most Distributors give one away with your first order.

We all know what are margins are so why complain about a couple of bucks that are making you your living.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's good question. I have big sample books, and selfcost is big. But - long time I sent them for free. But customers start to ask 100-200 sample books... Each one cost me some $$$$....

So - to sell - customer don't like

Not to sell - I will get big losts....

My decision depends of volumes - and always is different.

Our new sample book will be ONE for dealer FREEE - other for $$$$. But of course I will keep free proposal too....

holy :evilgrin ppl....read back to how this thread started!!!!! Dave ordered "a couple of rolls of film" and got charged $5 /sample book!!!!

So you all think that instead of gettin free sample books (nothing is free after all) that we should be payin to get sample books. Are you freakin kiddin me!?!?!?!? we are sellin these ppl's products!!!! And you all think we should be givin them the $5/sample book !?!?!?! :bat

I would never GIVE a customer a sample book. I leave them with sample/data sheets for the films that will suit their application. If you leave a whole book, you will be soending the next month discussing ALL the films in it and which ones they think migh work for them. Sample books are for MY use only, sample sheets are for the customer. Those cost pretty much nothing.

:lol where did anybody say anything about giving a customer a sample book? :poop Not me, I said that we are selling the manny's product and dont think that we should have to pay in order to promote/sell it for them.

IMHO pocket sample book must be inside of rolle price and sent for free like - 10 rolles - 1 book (for example).

When people buy sample book - whatever it is $1 or $ 100 - they feel unhappy, and not because they loose money. People like freebies, whatever they pay for this FREE (?)bies many times.

Like my proposal tint car for higher than competitor but present him Your shop T-Shirt.

1. He will be happy to get t-shirt.

2. Free ad on his back.

Of course other way - tint for soup and $39......

Same sample book.

But - in case me - I still have no pocket books< and SOMETIMES have to sell tham in case BIG amount of books needed :lol

interesting opinions on here as usual

the books sent were the "pocket auto books" , not like the three ring binder sample books that are huge, and I dont mind at all paying for those

the fact is, I haven't asked for, or received any marketing materials in over two years, and the auto book I had was so worn you couldn't read the front cover, and the samples inside were all scratched up. I'm not one of those customers asking for free :thumb with every order

if they cost, fine, just tell me when I place an order, and I cleared this up with them yesterday, and refused a refund from them

to put this into perspective in regards to costs, these books cost them next to nothing in the grand scheme of things, and is tax deductable

no different than when we buy business cards, pens, shirts, etc. should we start charging .50 to a dollar for business cards when people want a few cards so they can hand them out in order to send us more business :lol after all, since suppliers dont do allot of marketing to the general public, this is getting them name recognition, most of my customers dont care what film I use, new customers are shopping price, and repeat customers are shopping quality, and regularly want the same film as last time :lol

Guest Thetintcenter

the books sent were the "pocket auto books" , not like the three ring binder sample books that are huge, and I dont mind at all paying for those

the fact is, I haven't asked for, or received any marketing materials in over two years, and the auto book I had was so worn you couldn't read the front cover, and the samples inside were all scratched up. I'm not one of those customers asking for free :poop with every order

if they cost, fine, just tell me when I place an order, and I cleared this up with them yesterday, and refused a refund from them

to put this into perspective in regards to costs, these books cost them next to nothing in the grand scheme of things, and is tax deductable

no different than when we buy business cards, pens, shirts, etc. should we start charging .50 to a dollar for business cards when people want a few cards so they can hand them out in order to send us more business :lol after all, since suppliers dont do allot of marketing to the general public, this is getting them name recognition, most of my customers dont care what film I use, new customers are shopping price, and repeat customers are shopping quality, and regularly want the same film as last time :thumb

Really good points! I would have taken the refund or credit though! :lol

Guest willie

the fact is, I haven't asked for, or received any marketing materials in over two years, and the auto book I had was so worn you couldn't read the front cover, and the samples inside were all scratched up. I'm not one of those customers asking for free :poop with every order

no different than when we buy business cards, pens, shirts, etc. should we start charging .50 to a dollar for business cards when people want a few cards so they can hand them out in order to send us more business :lol after all, since suppliers dont do allot of marketing to the general public, this is getting them name recognition, most of my customers dont care what film I use, new customers are shopping price, and repeat customers are shopping quality, and regularly want the same film as last time :thumb

Well said easy money :lol

no different than when we buy business cards, pens, shirts, etc. should we start charging .50 to a dollar for business cards when people want a few cards so they can hand them out in order to send us more business :poop after all, since suppliers dont do allot of marketing to the general public, this is getting them name recognition, most of my customers dont care what film I use, new customers are shopping price, and repeat customers are shopping quality, and regularly want the same film as last time :thumb

:beer exactly the point I was trying to make in my posts....only worded much more eloquently :dunno

Archived