Matching Tint Help!

Guest jorogon0099

Guest jorogon0099

I bought a Grand Prix Gxp and it 5% on the back and 30 on front so I took it to a local tint shop and had them match the back with the front they put there 5% on the front but it looks differnt a lttle more light and more reflective it also gives off a little blues look I took it back and they said if I can find out where it was done they can order that tint and put it on for free but the dealership said they might not be able to get a hold of the guy is there anything else I can do?

Guest Thetintcenter
I bought a Grand Prix Gxp and it 5% on the back and 30 on front so I took it to a local tint shop and had them match the back with the front they put there 5% on the front but it looks differnt a lttle more light and more reflective it also gives off a little blues look I took it back and they said if I can find out where it was done they can order that tint and put it on for free but the dealership said they might not be able to get a hold of the guy is there anything else I can do?

Uhhh 5% on the front is !llegal. :lol

first off, you should look at the thread on "reasons to keep it legal"!! You are not going to get any good responses on here about putting 5% on your front doors. It is not legal ANYWHERE in the USA!

As for matching the film, you will not find an exact match as all film will have faded, changed color, or simply been beat up by the sun in some way or other unless the tint is less than a few months old. The front doors are the rear are going to look different even if they have the exact same film on them as the light coming in the windshield is going to change the way it looks.......

So, anyway, KEEP IT LEGAL, and put something lighter on those front windows.....

Guest jorogon0099

I'm from michigan and don't think 5% is !llegal and I don't really understand what the big deal is I just want it to kind of match, thats just the way I like it. So theres no way I could find out where he got it from?

You could send that stuff to the FBI crime lab.... I'll bet they could figure it out... :thumb

Seriously tho... I don't think anyone is going to endorse your efforts to obtain 5% on your roll-ups matching or not.... sorry....

Guest FilmBlazer
I'm from michigan and don't think 5% is !llegal and I don't really understand what the big deal is I just want it to kind of match, thats just the way I like it. So theres no way I could find out where he got it from?

Michigan tint laws will allow a film of any darkness behind the driver as long as the visible light reflectance is less than 35% granted you have operating rear view mirrors.

Michigan tint laws will not allow full tint on the driver and passenger windows of ANY darkness. The law WILL permit a maximum of a 4" strip on the driver, passenger and windshield (top) of any darkness. The fine is $80.00 and two points on your license. Keep in mind you will not be able to see out at night at all and limo on the front driver and passenger is flat out unsafe.

I just finished removing 20% from a customer's car on the driver and passenger windows and 5% from the windshield, top and bottom strip. The customer has paid $320 in fines and racked up points over the past two years before removing the film.

The Michigan State Police are doing their job and they will be all over you like flies on :thumb I recommend that you reconsider. If you have a medical condition see your doctor and go about this the legal way.

Good luck! :lol

oh well, Michigan does allow for 5% on the front door roll-down glasses! BUT only for a 4 INCH piece along the top of the glass!!!!!

only way you are going to match it EXACT with or without regard to the law is to get it ALL redone with the same film.....but even then the front are going to look different than the rear as the light coming in the windshield.....

SORRY we can't really help you anymore than this...

Archived