Anyone with melanoma?

So several months ago I noticed a mole on my face was getting larger... and I just kindof put it off. Well, a couple weeks ago I had it biopsied and turns out it's melanoma. The report wasn't super specific with the size, depth, etc. so it didn't state what stage it was. This past monday I had it removed. Here is a picture of the hole... http://www.azclan.net/pics/MoleHole.jpg Kindof gross... but neat. :thumb

Before they removed it all, they took another biopsy of it to send back to the lab for more definitive stats on it. The deeper it went, the more likely cancer cells would have left the local area and traveled to other areas. Hopefully it's going to come back as being rather shallow.... but I'm not exactly super confident of that.

Has anyone dealt with melanomas before??

I had it a couple of yrs ago roach ..on my back..had it cut out..good to go :rollin

It was a bit of a scare that I kept to myself except fo a select few on here..but I turned out well..now I share :thumb

That's cool. Glad to hear everything is good with ya. :thumb

Hopefully it will be the same for me... Of course, I'll now have all my other moles looked at and watched.

Boy, if it's not one thing it's another.

Guest vclimber
:thumb Man they had to take a hunk of flesh there. Good thing you went in to the doctor, good reminder for us all. Hope it all turns out good. :rollin

That's cool. Glad to hear everything is good with ya. :thumb

Hopefully it will be the same for me... Of course, I'll now have all my other moles looked at and watched.

Boy, if it's not one thing it's another.

Thanks..and now back to you ..yes..from now on (but don't be paranoid about it) keep close records of moles from now on have someone check your back for you as well. :rollin

VM- Thanks.. they removed everything and are happy with those results... just waiting to hear back from the labs on how deep it went. The scale is like 1mm to 4mm... for this category. Hopefully it's on the lower side. Anything more then 4mm would be the next category from what I've been reading. The first biopsy report said it was greater then 1.2mm. Not very specific, right?!?

Wiz - I'm going to have my brother-in-law take pics of my body so I can have a record of what's what. I haven't noticed anything else out of the norm, so hopefully that was the only one. And I think when I see a dermatologist they'll probably take pics or at least make a record of my moles.

Archived