what would you do?

Ok, so I just had a customer just leave. He was pretty upset by a tint job he got done in a city about 2 hours away, and asked me to come out and take a look at it. The car was an 08 Nissan Altima 2 dr. The back window had several creases in it, which really could and should have been taken out before it left the shop IMO. Dust was minimal though...so not a bad job. the rear 1/4's were fairly clean...but would not have left my shop with even that much contamination. Here is a pic of the front rollups...check out the 1/4 gap and the crookedness of the cut!! :dunno AND it is peeling along the edge already.

tint002.jpg

Now I dont like to bash other shops. But man....it was pretty bad. And he got no warranty card at all...nothing written on the bill as to what film was used...nothing. the one good thing was that the price he paid was $300. At least it wasnt $89. Instead of bashing the company, I tried to explain why they may have allowed the car to leave like that. What would you have done? (he took a card and is going to book in a couple of weeks when things let up for me to retint it.)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 4G63

There is a very fine line between bashing another company and telling the customer the truth. As long as you can back up (and we all know you can) what you tell the customer, you did the right thing. I do all my work as if it was my own vehicle, and I wouldnt have been happy with that job. Besides, for $300 (I only get about half of that around here) you really should get some quality work.

There is a very fine line between bashing another company and telling the customer the truth. As long as you can back up (and we all know you can) what you tell the customer, you did the right thing. I do all my work as if it was my own vehicle, and I wouldnt have been happy with that job. Besides, for $300 (I only get about half of that around here) you really should get some quality work.

:dunno

Now I dont like to bash other shops. But man....it was pretty bad.

For years I would not bash other shops but tinting has gotten so competitiveI have no problem telling someone if they got a sh***y tint job,however if a customer is just being nit picky I will stick up for my fellow tinter as a tinter :dunno

Tell him to go back and get a refund. If he put it on a credit card, put in a duspute over it. Once he gets his refund, retint it for him. Don't worry about bashing other shops. If they did good work, no problem. But that install looks like crap and you should let the customer know it.

Archived