what would you do?

I would have bashed the hell out of the other company. that looks like crap. if they're turning out that kind of work then they deserve to be bashed.

Yeah I'd have to talk a little smack over that one. But any customer would have to know that looks like chit. I had a car come in last week that our competition did and it looked much worse than that :shoot1 and they charged 3 bills for it, I shoulda snapped some pics :dunno

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a very fine line between bashing another company and telling the customer the truth. As long as you can back up (and we all know you can) what you tell the customer, you did the right thing. I do all my work as if it was my own vehicle, and I wouldnt have been happy with that job. Besides, for $300 (I only get about half of that around here) you really should get some quality work.

:dunno

you did right but man I don"t know if they rolled the window down to tint it :shoot1

Guest JUSTIN

I would take some caution into bashing other businesses because....this customer is the one that made the mistake of taking the vehicle there in the first place. I'm not saying the truth doesn't deserve to be told, but when you bash the other business, you are reinforcing the consumer's feelings of being an idiot in the first place, and if you make them feel worse about the situation, they could end up going some where else. Remember...they already feel stupid, you could make it worse for them.

I had the same thing happen to us yesterday (if I knew how to post pictures I would put them up). Young gal has a 97 bmw, and took it to a place that was only $40.00 cheaper than us. Anyhow, she has returned to him twice to have the window tint installed correctly, now in order to get her other complaints resolved, he now wants $150.00 additional to correct his errors and he tells her the only way he can tint her car now is to pull these door panels. Basically he is charging her for his learning curve on tinting!

Let me just say this....her install was purely amateur, and that is what I told her (and this idiot got more than what most pro's on here get for a 4door sedan). I politely advised her to ask for 100% refund and that he needs to pay for her removal. The person who installed her film has yelled at her and I told her I wouldn't trust him to pull her door panels like he said he is going to do, and strip her back window since he isn't able to install it correctly in the first place. I have only two pictures that really show how bad the doors are.

It's just a fine line to walk...

If you all could have seen this poor guy. He was physically shaking...said he hadn't slept for most of the night last nite and that he felt so dumb for having gone to the guy who could do it when he wanted it done...instead of waiting for me to be available. I felt so bad for him. I told him not to sweat it...that we would get him fixed up and this would just be a bad memory. Not sure what he is going to do about the other shop... I told him that that was between them. At least he was back to smiling when he left...said he felt alot better. :dunno

If you all could have seen this poor guy. He was physically shaking...said he hadn't slept for most of the night last nite and that he felt so dumb for having gone to the guy who could do it when he wanted it done...instead of waiting for me to be available. I felt so bad for him. I told him not to sweat it...that we would get him fixed up and this would just be a bad memory. Not sure what he is going to do about the other shop... I told him that that was between them. At least he was back to smiling when he left...said he felt alot better. :dunno

Sounds like you have read that particular customer well and have him feeling good and have gained a customer for life and probably anyone he tells about it. Good job.

Guest willie
Looks like my buddy willie finally made the trip to canada :gasp

:nope Your price just went up :thumb

If you all could have seen this poor guy. He was physically shaking...said he hadn't slept for most of the night last nite and that he felt so dumb for having gone to the guy who could do it when he wanted it done...instead of waiting for me to be available. I felt so bad for him. I told him not to sweat it...that we would get him fixed up and this would just be a bad memory. Not sure what he is going to do about the other shop... I told him that that was between them. At least he was back to smiling when he left...said he felt alot better. :thumb

Thats good of you to take care of him catdaddy :?

Archived