Anyone heard of this one??

Customtinting

A tinter I met in Florida told me recently he heard that the legislature was looking at a bill aimed at regulating flat glass film installation. Specifically what many tinters in the south call "Hurricane Films". He said they were discussing legislation that would penalize installers who claim that films are hurricane proof. He said it would also have a section dealing with solar reduction films for flat glass. Has anyone heard of this piece of legislation?? I have driven through the DelRay/Boca/Boynton BEach areas and have seen signs posted on the side of the road advertising just that, HURRICANE PROOF.

A tinter I met in Florida told me recently he heard that the legislature was looking at a bill aimed at regulating flat glass film installation. Specifically what many tinters in the south call "Hurricane Films". He said they were discussing legislation that would penalize installers who claim that films are hurricane proof. He said it would also have a section dealing with solar reduction films for flat glass. Has anyone heard of this piece of legislation?? I have driven through the DelRay/Boca/Boynton BEach areas and have seen signs posted on the side of the road advertising just that, HURRICANE PROOF.

I'm not sure but I wouldnt be surprised if there is. It's kind of like false advertising in a way . The words should be Hurricane Resistant if anything.

Guest Bulldog

There is currently a push to "certify" dealers in the area of hurricane RESISTANT films. Campaign would urge consumers to use only state certified companies....Manufactureres and polititions getting together....wanna bet the manuf. come out making money off it somehow??

There is currently a push to "certify" dealers in the area of hurricane RESISTANT films. Campaign would urge consumers to use only state certified companies....Manufactureres and polititions getting together....wanna bet the manuf. come out making money off it somehow??

The politician will make money too. Neither do anything without money on the line.

Archived