Lowering My Prices

Guest zx1400

Guest tintgod
Here is how I would see it a consumer.

With gas prices going up, and prices for nearly everything going up, I would be suspicious of a Business that is lowering prices, unless it is a sale for a set length of time.

Otherwise, I would see it as using lower quality materials, and look elsewhere to get the job done.

to bad most consumers dont think like that..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FilmBlazer
I have really thought about lowering my window tinting prices, "just a few dollars" now that everything else has gone up gas, electric, and food! I really think that customers are going to think twice before purchasing window tint and shop around for the best price. :lol

In my area, they almost always shop on the best price unfortunately. Try it out for a awhile and keep an eye on your books :duck

exactly. what I sell atr for now is still cheaper than what the shop I worked for sold it in 1998. so when I opened we set our prices drastically lower. but now its super hard trying to raise it back up, especially with all the competition out here doing it $30 cheaper than me (well with cheaper tint though)

There you go ! They are lower priced using a lesser quality of film, your price is for better quality film that looks better and lasts longer ! Therefore, your goal is to sell the Customers on that very point !

The better film is going to cost more !

Would you paint your house with paint that costs $10 for 5 gallons, or with paint that costs $8 per gallon ?

I dunno know what prices are for house paint, just tossed those numbers out as an example.

Guest zx1400
that is a tough call..........it is hard to lower prices when everyone including your expenses are going up..........I personally would think raising them to adjust for your own expenses would be in order..........unless this is just a "special" advertisement you are trying to do........I would not make it a permanent thing.

I agree with you when business expenses going up you raise your prices. But on the other hand consumers are spending 1/3 of their pay checks on the rising price of gas and theirs food, electric, foreclosure etc. It's going to be a tough year for a lot of us....

So are you aren't you? You are a consumer when it comes to everything else. Are they lowering their prices for you?

You are not alone in thinking the price of tinting a car is different then everything else in the world. I just don't get it.

No! they are not lowering prices. But I do know as a consumer the economy is jacked up and consumers are more concerned with products that they "need" more so than products that they "want"...

Guest Sprinter

some markets have increased consumers really price shopping and dropping down 15 to 20 dollars and maintaining a steady stream of cars to tint verses no cars to tint cause your price is higher, I could roll around all day long and do 6 cars if I just lowered my price by 20 dollars verses what I do now with the price freeze on from last year, right now I'm down this year by 700.00 compared to last year.

the dealerships here are selling tint for one cent if when you buy a new car. you all have to do what you need to do to put food on the table and pay your bills.

I don't know, I agree with all of you. Our shop has always been th emost expensive shop around, we've been blessed to be able to get good money, but we are going to temporarily have to lower and meet our compeditors' prices just to get more volume. I can't stand to be slow. I'd rather tint 6 cars a day for $--- than 2 cars a day at $30 more.

I agree, but dropping prices $30 isn't necessarily going to affect your business by 4 cars a day!

What if you work 6 days a week and average 1/2 more cars per day, or in other words 3 more cars per week, but you've given up $30.00 x 2 cars/day, = 360.00. Now, you've tinted 3 extra cars, but netted a gain on only one of them. That's too much extra work to fit in for an increase of only one car's profits.

To put it another way, and this is hypothetical, so I'm not posting REAL prices:

12 cars x 180.00 each = 2160.00 for the week...

15 cars x 150 each = 2250.00 for the week.

There's no way I'd rather do 3 extra cars for a 90 dollar increase, that's like getting 30 bucks per car!

It makes more sense to spend $30 bucks per car you do to increase marketing, in my opinion.

Very true, like I said, they are all valid points, but in our case, we're an F1 dealer, so once they get here, most customers pick that film, which gets our price back around where we want it.

Guest Da Beach

lowering prices, raising prices, same prices.

listen all...you all know where your at, you all know what you charge...if you have been in business for some time now, you know when your slow times are and busy times.

Understand the principle of "supply & demand" relative to your area. You will know what to do and when to do it.

Lastly, if you are not willing to "change", your competitor will help you out the door.

Guest Dave88

There was a point where we doubled our prices, thereby increasing our contribution margin by 4.

It had almost no effect on sales.

Demand does not decrease proportionally with a price increase.

You may be better jumping your prices up quite a bit, rather than inching them up slowly.

If you're going to lower them then you should make sure your the cheapest in the YP.

There is no sense in just going a little bit lower.

Archived