suntek failing

while back I was asking around about if the suntek on my house was any good. the TSER on it was good so I decided not to redo it, it was a huge job to redo anyway. but now 2 panes in my master bedroom have huge fingers in them. they are split fingers, like only the first layer is splitting. thats what it looks like to me. I am the 2nd owner of the house and the job was done by the largest flat glass installer in the US I believe( dont want to say names) and I saw the suntek warranty and invoice when I purchased the house. it was done about 4 years ago cuz the house was built in 2003.

just an update. so imma redo the whole master in dr-15. its 25% right now but my room gets way hot and I never open the blinds anyway.

its upstairs, full western exposure with no shading. and the blinds stay shut almost 24/7 so 15 will be good.

we work 6 days a week so the only time im in there its night, so I keep em shut.

with everything in my house the electricity bills are in the $600's during summer, so anything will help.

Guest WillTint4$

I have used suntek on 90%+ of my flat jobs for several years. I have not seen any adheasive problems yet (knock on glass). But...I can tell you this....dont count on suntek to back you guys up with any warranty issues if they do arise. A for the symphony 25...I feel that it is a good performer and wouldnt pull it unless I had to. That adheasive is a ##### to get off.

Archived