Rolled down the window

Guest twang

Guest twang

Well. just got my tint done an hour ago, 30 minutes ago however I rolled my window down forgeting that I wasnt supposed to. it was abou 2 inches down when I was like OH %&$# and I rolled it back up. Think it'll be okay or am I going to have problems?

Guest shadowline

If the windows all the way back up and it looks OK from the outside you should be alright, if the tint looks ok you should be fine, HTH

Guest twang

alright. Ihave it out bakin in the sun cause it looks as if its kind of "smeared" where the window went down, hopefullly it'll clear up though *crosses fingers*

Guest CleanCutter

if the job was done right from the start, then "early rolldown" is not a actual issue.

(other tinters go ahead and get all pissy now)

If the film peels because you rolled the window down, your tinter screwed up, not you. - and that is the exact same thing I tell customers when they ask "how long should I leave them up?" .. answer: "doesn't matter, roll them down now if you like. they aren't going to peel, in fact it's impossible for them to peel from the bottom"

It takes a tinter a entire whopping extra few minutes on each door to place the film completely past all seals and to also run a heat gun on the bottom until it's hot to the touch to seal it down. I haven't seen a bottom peeled glass in years. Well.... I have... but that's from the place down the street and I get paid to fix their shortcuts.

Moral of the story of course, if you got what you paid for, then what you're asking is not an issue.

if the job was done right from the start, then "early rolldown" is not a actual issue.

(other tinters go ahead and get all pissy now)

If the film peels because you rolled the window down, your tinter screwed up, not you. - and that is the exact same thing I tell customers when they ask "how long should I leave them up?" .. answer: "doesn't matter, roll them down now if you like. they aren't going to peel, in fact it's impossible for them to peel from the bottom"

It takes a tinter a entire whopping extra few minutes on each door to place the film completely past all seals and to also run a heat gun on the bottom until it's hot to the touch to seal it down. I haven't seen a bottom peeled glass in years. Well.... I have... but that's from the place down the street and I get paid to fix their shortcuts.

Moral of the story of course, if you got what you paid for, then what you're asking is not an issue.

I tell some customers much the same. I say "if it was mine I would roll them down today. My biggest concern is that if the water pools up in to a bubble and the sweep is tight that it will push that bubble and make a "snail trail" looking mark which will not come out." Most don't even sweat it.....

I also use that "do not roll down" stickers from 44tools for the ones that I think might be a problem customer......

I also agree that if the tint is done right then there are no worries about it peeling! Water pocket bubbles are my only concern.

I tell em to leave them up a couple days because when I did tell them them it's OK to roll them down whenever they gave me that skeptical look. So leave em up I don't care. It most certainly doesn't hurt to.

Guest CleanCutter

to clarify some I guess

(and since I can be a total dick sometimes - but... then again.. I am a window tinter)

if there is a customer that just makes my skin crawl - or a chain smoker (I hate them and I hate their cars), I will hand them their warranty card and point out the "do not roll windows down for 5 days!" line. .. just to make them suffer.

I too get the skeptical stink eye sometimes when telling them it doesn't matter and that they've just had either incompetent tinters or tinters who just didn't know better and never stopped to long enough to think it through - that that's probably what the dude that taught them told them and they never questioned it.

if it's a european car with insanely tight seals, I've been known to ask them to leave them up for maybe the first day - precisely because of the snail trail issue you mention. Tell them I've never seen it happen from that in 20 years, "but to be on the safe side".

Guest cartek

I tell the average customer to wait 24-48 hours. people I know I tell them to give it a couple of hours. I always use the, "if it was my car the windows would be down now" line too! haha

most customers expect to not be able to roll down their windows for like a week. im not much of a gambler, so they leave the windows up when they leave here.

Archived