Bekaert/SolarGard Sets up my biggest Dealership

Keep in mind car dealerships are hurting right now and increasing margins by any means necessary.

Good point but would a smart dealer be willing to risk thier CSI over window tint? I would go straight to the GM and or Owner and let them know whats going on.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep in mind car dealerships are hurting right now and increasing margins by any means necessary.

Good point but would a smart dealer be willing to risk thier CSI over window tint? I would go straight to the GM and or Owner and let them know whats going on.

The GM and the Owner think it is a good idea. No hope there.

That's a bad situation.... so now you are going to be weusedtotintcars.com ??? :gasp

But seriously... get a new film line, call your (now old) rep and let him know how pissed off you are.. get some cards to the dealership again for a 'give me a call for a bail-out'..... and charge the crap outta them when they do call (and they will)....

just wait it out.

there is no way that someone is going to get trained in a months time to tint windows for the dealer.

You might get the account back if there are customer complaints and repairs. also trying show the dealer that by the time they pay the employee, stock window film, and the money the lost by taking up a service bay, it might be a wash to continue using you

Oh and switch films asap

I was working outta a bay I had fixed for tinting - I got them to hang lights and run heat. Was a great onsite location for 4 years too. I met the new "tinter". They sent him to Ding King in California for 4 weeks to train on dent removal, alloy wheel repair, leather repair etc. They DID NOT train him to tint. When I asked if they had trained him to tint he said "No. I used to do some tinting in High School" Now they are going to let him work on $ 70 k plus cars??? I cannot see him being the ACME Do-it-all guy and still producing quality work. He's just a dumb punk who knows it all already. You guys know the type. Crash and Burn kid, Crash and Burn!

That's a bad situation.... so now you are going to be weusedtotintcars.com ??? :gasp

But seriously... get a new film line, call your (now old) rep and let him know how pissed off you are.. get some cards to the dealership again for a 'give me a call for a bail-out'..... and charge the crap outta them when they do call (and they will)....

Great Ideas thanks! No one except the kid and the service manager are happy about this situation. All the sales staff is worried about the quality and CSI going in the tank. I think in the long run this may be a good thing for me.

And it will always be wetintcars.com - but that was funny.

Why would they switch?

$$$$$

Understood but for a dealership to invest for a plotter, program, training, film inventory, etc. seems like they would've been better off sending it out like they have been doing. I know that to set this up at a dealership is ALOT of $$$$ and they better hope that the porter can tint. :gasp

Oh get this! I asked the new "tinter" if he new how to run the plotter. He said: "No. But I learn quick." DumbARSE

Oh and switch films asap

:gasp

I just have one question. Did your solargard rep get you this account to begin with? If so, this should have been expected. If not and you got the account on your own and promoted thier film......thats real lame.

I always try to keep my accounts secret from my rep....but I have slipped up from time to time....and it has always come back to hurt me....very few reps can be trusted.

Hope everything works out.

I got the account myself. My original Solargard rep left 1 1/2 years ago. I have had 2 new ones since. Never talked to either one. Very Lame. Oh, and Llumar is looking very attractive these days. Actually everybody else but Bekaert is looking good these days.

Archived