HOW MUSH ARE PPF INSTALLERS MAKING

Guest kuppa

Guest kuppa

so I would like to see what PPF guys are making me I make 17% of my install average full kit/package is 449 so thats 76.33 a car. Before at my old job I was getting $14 an hour and 2% of my installes at $9 a full kit. so lets see what all yall are making basically I want to see if im under or over paid where im at. Cause lets face it a good installer is hard to come buy in Washington and should be paid for there expertise also I make my own patterns not many people know or do that.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

depends on where your at and the market. I got a request from some clown in PHX said he'd pay 20 an hour plus commish...yeah right for how long? There is no way I could do PPF for cheap its more stressfull than tinting IMO.

Guest thatsnappyguy

yea no %&$#. I refuse to ever touch it again. I wanted to rip the bumper off the car I did. seriously, I wouldnt do it full time for less than $100K a year.

Guest Sidewinder

Lots of different ways of thinking out installer pay. Some get paid by a dealer shop etc, some are independent and pay themselves and some are independent and work for free. I have and do work as a sub for a few places. $175 for a 24" hfmb package. Adding more pieces adds more $.

There are a bunch of people I know that don't charge nearly enough for something that is expensive, time consuming, and realistically hard to install properly. If you want to chew on something chew on this. In 1956 the US min wage was $1/hr, if you adjust for real inflation that means $22/hr today. Ahh the nostalgic 1950's

Give yourself some credit and charge a realistic amount for the work you do.

Guest Texstar
Lots of different ways of thinking out installer pay. Some get paid by a dealer shop etc, some are independent and pay themselves and some are independent and work for free. I have and do work as a sub for a few places. $175 for a 24" hfmb package. Adding more pieces adds more $.

There are a bunch of people I know that don't charge nearly enough for something that is expensive, time consuming, and realistically hard to install properly. If you want to chew on something chew on this. In 1956 the US min wage was $1/hr, if you adjust for real inflation that means $22/hr today. Ahh the nostalgic 1950's

Give yourself some credit and charge a realistic amount for the work you do.

:shoot2

Guest Suncs
so hows that workin out for ya............ :shoot2

Its good I just put standard price up. the film price is going up and it only gets worse from there

Archived