Which film?

Guest journeyfrontier

Guest journeyfrontier

Hello,

I am looking to get my wife's 2001 Saab 9-3 hatchback tinted. I am looking for the best film to help the car stay cold (cost is not really a factor, I have decided this is going to be in the upper end of 3 figures). We live in the Phoenix Valley so heat protection is very important as I would not rate the Saab's A/C system to be on par with some other vehicles for this amount of heat.

My wife also loves to use her portable GPS and cell phone so e/m wave blocking is a concern.

I was almost sold on the Huper Optik Select Drei when I realized that it was a multi-layer metal film so now I am left wondering how it might affect GPS or cell phone reception.

Any other films by Huper Optik or other brands? I was really sold on the 98% IR blocking of HO Select Drei.

Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Journey

Guest vclimber
Hello,

I am looking to get my wife's 2001 Saab 9-3 hatchback tinted. I am looking for the best film to help the car stay cold (cost is not really a factor, I have decided this is going to be in the upper end of 3 figures). We live in the Phoenix Valley so heat protection is very important as I would not rate the Saab's A/C system to be on par with some other vehicles for this amount of heat.

My wife also loves to use her portable GPS and cell phone so e/m wave blocking is a concern.

I was almost sold on the Huper Optik Select Drei when I realized that it was a multi-layer metal film so now I am left wondering how it might affect GPS or cell phone reception.

Any other films by Huper Optik or other brands? I was really sold on the 98% IR blocking of HO Select Drei.

Thanks,

Journey

Which shop in Phoenix are you considering buying Drei from?

Guest journeyfrontier
Hello,

Thanks,

Journey

Whomever gets recommended. But I don't see how that would have any effects on the Drei's properties. I am sorry if I was not clear but I am asking abotu the Drei's attenuation of GPS or Cell signal and about alternative films.

Thanks,

Journey

Guest vclimber
Hello,

Thanks,

Journey

Whomever gets recommended. But I don't see how that would have any effects on the Drei's properties. I am sorry if I was not clear but I am asking abotu the Drei's attenuation of GPS or Cell signal and about alternative films.

Thanks,

Journey

I know that Danny's uses a signal-free film on the back window. That is why I asked.

Some cars are not affected by Drei on the rear window, others lose their am reception. In the event that happens, there is a way to deal with it. Ask whatever shop you are using if they have some kind of a guarantee that you will not lose your nav. Drei is a great film for the Phoenix climate.

Archived