Should I complain to the shop about this?

Guest hometheaterman

When it comes to my vehicles I want them to be perfect. Every little thing bothers me. I guess I'm just super duper picky about my vehicles. I also don't that I paid a fair amount of money for a tint that I just never was happy with when it wasn't even what I agreed to pay for. So basically that money is probably lost and I never got what I paid for. Atleast I like how it's tinted now.

I did call the shop and asked to speak to the owner and was told he was on another line. He is the one they told me to talk to last time so I figured I should go directly threw him. The said they could try to help me or have the owner just give me a call back. I asked to have him call me back. It's been about 40 minutes or so and I haven't heard back yet so hopefully I will hear back soon. I think I'm going to just explain it to him but try to be nice about it and if he doesn't do anything oh well. I may then leave some bad reviews about the place online but I don't know that there is anything else to do. I'm just curious to see what they have to say. If they stand behind it I may still tell people how bad of a job I think it was but that they did stand behind it. If they don't stand behind it anyone that asks me will hear how bad I think they are.

my advice?

move the F on! its obvious you're gonna tell everybody you know about this just from reading your lengthy posts. and using film that's questionably legal. what state are you in anyway? demand your money back or file a claim. what else are you gonna do? sooo glad I don't F with cars anymore.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As many have said, MOVE ON!! Your truck is fixed now, and the shop has ended the negotiation on a refund. If you wish to take it further, go to the BBB, Dept of Consumer Protection or the States Attorneys office. Oh, but that's is right, your truck is !llegal, so any notification to the proper authorities will bring down the hammer on you too. I guess you're :shoot2 . Move on with life and let it go.

Guest hometheaterman

You guys sure it's !llegal? I've heard you can do anything tint % you want on the windows behind the driver and passenger door. I've also heard you can't and it can't be darker than factory. What is actually the law on this? Is this really sometime I'm not supposed to have? I don't get how a truck is much different than a SUV or something like that. If you really can't have darker than 35% on the rear like one shop told me the factory tint would have been !llegal as it was way darker than that. I keep hearing different things from different shops and people and online the laws I can find don't seem to really help.

It's in VA btw.

you're an effin' idiot. scroll down to where it says, "VA," if you're in VA. if you're not sure whether or not you're in VA, first contact your state to find out what state you live in. Then, use the below chart to see that you're !llegal. really !llegal. have fun taking the crap off when you get pulled over.

sorry to rant, but you've made ridiculously LONG posts crying and whining about your tint, and while ive been entertained reading your posts and watching you make yourself look stupid with comments like, "are you sure it's !llegal? I've heard..." check your laws, especially if you'd, "honestly like to know." Dont listen to what joe blow at Hacks-R-Us says. He's not gonna give it to you straight anyway.

Tint laws... From Tint Dude.com

Guest hometheaterman
you're an effin' idiot. scroll down to where it says, "VA," if you're in VA. if you're not sure whether or not you're in VA, first contact your state to find out what state you live in. Then, use the below chart to see that you're !llegal. really !llegal. have fun taking the crap off when you get pulled over.

sorry to rant, but you've made ridiculously LONG posts crying and whining about your tint, and while ive been entertained reading your posts and watching you make yourself look stupid with comments like, "are you sure it's !llegal? I've heard..." check your laws, especially if you'd, "honestly like to know." Dont listen to what joe blow at Hacks-R-Us says. He's not gonna give it to you straight anyway.

Tint laws... From Tint Dude.com

I've looked at those laws that list 50% front and 35% rear but however thats for cars. I've been told over and over again that it doesn't apply to vans, suvs, and stuff like that. Some have said trucks in that list some haven't. Everyone that has told me about those said that they can have 50% on the front and as dark as you want rear. I basically want to know if the trucks fall into this group or they fall into a group like a car. This is where what I've heard varries and those charts doesn't list the laws for stuff other than cars. I assume they are talking about MPV's when they say as dark as you want on the rear. Even if I do pull the tint off the rear it will still be darker than 35% as the rear from the factory was tinted and is supposed to be around 15-20%.

I've looked at those laws that list 50% front and 35% rear but however thats for cars.

:thumb

virginia state police FAQ

it's funny. I jsut googled, "Virginia state tint laws," and this was the first hit... hmm. I mean, I had to click on the "FAQ" section and scroll down to the "TINT" section and read a paragraph.

3. Except as provided in § 46.2-1053, but notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this section, no sun-shading or tinting film may be applied or affixed to any window of a motor vehicle unless such motor vehicle is equipped with a mirror on each side of such motor vehicle, so located as to reflect to the driver of the vehicle a view of the highway for at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle, and the sun-shading or tinting film is applied or affixed in accordance with the following:

1. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the rear side windows or rear window or windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of this Commonwealth that reduce the total light transmittance of such window to less than thirty-five percent;

2. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the front side windows of any motor vehicle operated on the highways of this Commonwealth that reduce total light transmittance of such window to less than fifty percent;

3. No sun-shading or tinting films shall be applied or affixed to any window of a motor vehicle that (I) have a reflectance of light exceeding twenty percent or (ii) produce a holographic or prism effect.

this says motor vehicle... is your truck a motor vehicle? If so, it falls into this category... if not... you're okay to tint them windows as dark as you want! :lol2

Guest hometheaterman

So basically the cargo vans and suv's and what not aren't really legal either? Every shop I've talked to just about have told me they are legal to have as dark as you want on the back as long as they are considered a MPV. This is where some shops say a truck is and some say it's not.

Also so basically even if I just had stock window tint on my truck that I can't remove I'd be !llegal in VA because the factory is darker than 35%? That makes no since at all. If it's !llegal why is the dealer selling them with factory tinted glass?

The law applies to any motor vehicles that will be operating on the road. Anything that has wheels, operates on road and requires registration. It's the same in every state in that regard. I'm not knocking you or anything, just saying

So basically the cargo vans and suv's and what not aren't really legal either? Every shop I've talked to just about have told me they are legal to have as dark as you want on the back as long as they are considered a MPV. This is where some shops say a truck is and some say it's not.

Also so basically even if I just had stock window tint on my truck that I can't remove I'd be !llegal in VA because the factory is darker than 35%? That makes no since at all. If it's !llegal why is the dealer selling them with factory tinted glass?

Schmuck, you are trying to compare apples to testicles...not gonna happen. All the vehicles that come from the factory with privacy glass are not included in the law. Did you or did you not read the law.The words 'sun-shading or tinting films' are written in the very prominently there. It does not say Factory or GLASS!!. Factory privacy glass is exempt from this law. READ THE LAW AS IT IS WRITTEN, then, if your comprehension of the written word is still off, have someone explain it to you. The only thing the law covers is after market FILM. So, that being said, YES YOUR TRUCK IS !llegal. Contact the BBB, Dept. of Consumer Protection, or the States Attorneys office and, after you are forced to remove the film from your truck, you will see that there is nothing more you can do. :thumb

Your vehicle IS !llegal, drive it, enjoy it, but move on, nothing can be done!!!!

Archived