left my damn bulldozer in a customers car.

Guest cartek

use a slammer or a slim bigfoot. or just remove the decklid. You can tint like the $99 dollar hacks and cut around the brakelight :lol2:thumb

So, if you cut out the brake light, you're a hack??

IMHO Heck yea! thats why they invented the bulldozer. I've heard that in New Jersey they require it , thats a whole different story.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my freakin side swiper is no where to be found today. would've been the first time I ever used the damn thing. thought about using it the other day and may have left it in a car. but, not likely. I about detailed that thing before it left. giving it a vaccum I would have seen it. of course, there could be squeegee gnomes. during the day, they're innocent concrete yard art. at night...

and you thought your squeegees were safe.

Guest OnTheDarkside

Love the humor throughout this post..... :rest

Though the facts in this post are unfortunate, sorry about all the lost tools......

When I was a kid my mom would tie a string from me to her so I wouldnt get lost, would probably work with tint tools too!!

I left my bulldozer at a job site once before. I was tinting some farm equipment and left it at the guys shop and forgot where I left it. I got a replacement and about a month later I lost the replacement. A few days later I coincidentally have another job to do at the same shop so while I'm tinting the CAT voila I happen to find the bulldozer I left there the first time and am still using it to this day! Damn bulldozers!

Guest De4thMet4LKing00
use a slammer or a slim bigfoot. or just remove the decklid. You can tint like the $99 dollar hacks and cut around the brakelight :spit:rest

IMHO Heck yea! thats why they invented the bulldozer. I've heard that in New Jersey they require it , thats a whole different story.

well, every brake light I cut out is almost perfectly contoured with the light itself, and in no way does it looked"hacked" out. I tint in Maryland, where it is required to be cut out. Think before you speak, bro

use a slammer or a slim bigfoot. or just remove the decklid. You can tint like the $99 dollar hacks and cut around the brakelight :rest:spit

well, every brake light I cut out is almost perfectly contoured with the light itself, and in no way does it looked"hacked" out. I tint in Maryland, where it is required to be cut out. Think before you speak, bro

Like I said if its required it's a whole different story. It sure isn't required here in California. The guys doing it here are either Lazy or Hacks. The only time its okay to cut out the 3rd brakelight is on the bimmers where the brakelight is on the bottom and there is a matrix. Don't get your ponties ina bunch :hmmm

MAS

it may be debatable that covering a High Mount Stop Light aka third brake light with say limo tint is allowed in California.

See http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc24603.htm

(e) Stoplamps on vehicles manufactured on or after January 1, 1979, shall emit a red light. Stoplamps on vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1979, shall emit a red or yellow light. All stoplamps shall be plainly visible and understandable from a distance of 300 feet to the rear both during normal sunlight and at nighttime, except that stoplamps on a vehicle of a size required to be equipped with clearance lamps shall be visible from a distance of 500 feet during such times.
(h) Any supplemental stoplamp installed after January 1, 1987,

shall comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 108 (49

C.F.R. 571.108). Any vehicle equipped with a stoplamp which complies

with the federal motor vehicle safety standards applicable to that

make and model vehicle shall conform to that applicable safety

standard unless modified to comply with the federal motor vehicle

safety standard designated in this subdivision.

Also 24252(a) can kick in under some situations

The (a) section only works if either of the side lamps are out or dim. The "third" or "high mount" brake light is not required lighting and is therefore not applicable to enforcement under 24252(a) CVC

MAS

it may be debatable that covering a High Mount Stop Light aka third brake light with say limo tint is allowed in California.

See http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc24603.htm

(e) Stoplamps on vehicles manufactured on or after January 1, 1979, shall emit a red light. Stoplamps on vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1979, shall emit a red or yellow light. All stoplamps shall be plainly visible and understandable from a distance of 300 feet to the rear both during normal sunlight and at nighttime, except that stoplamps on a vehicle of a size required to be equipped with clearance lamps shall be visible from a distance of 500 feet during such times.
(h) Any supplemental stoplamp installed after January 1, 1987,

shall comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 108 (49

C.F.R. 571.108). Any vehicle equipped with a stoplamp which complies

with the federal motor vehicle safety standards applicable to that

make and model vehicle shall conform to that applicable safety

standard unless modified to comply with the federal motor vehicle

safety standard designated in this subdivision.

Also 24252(a) can kick in under some situations

The (a) section only works if either of the side lamps are out or dim. The "third" or "high mount" brake light is not required lighting and is therefore not applicable to enforcement under 24252(a) CVC

It sounds like if you have limo then its !llegal. Next time I do a rear window with limo I'm gonna step back 300 feet. :linedrink

Archived