send a message to the oil companies

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sidewinder

The (fed, state,local) govt's in the us collectively make nearly TWICE YES DOUBLE what the oil co's make. Sooo being mad that a big oil company managed to eek out a 7.5% net margin is misplaced. Yes gas & diesel have seen a large increase in price over the past couple of years. Our fuel costs are still extremely low compared to most of the world. Nope, doesn't make it easier to swallow, but it is what it is. If you want to be mad, just make sure you are mad at the right people.

Guest mrpain
Lets send a message to the oil companies starting this holiday not for a day not for a week but all summer for starters anyway. BAN EXXON MOBILE

im in

I'm not sure who to be mad at. I have a feeling that none of us really know who is behind it. the list is probably so long by the time we got to the end of it we probably wouldn't even care anymore. if we really knew what was going on it would scare the hell out of us. what frustrates me is the reason they give for the increase. and the mafia mentality behind it IMO. it seems that its the things we got to have that are at stake. gas, milk, shipping, etc. even trash pickup rates have to increase. can't blame em for making a profit. but, at the same time it keeps us all from making as much of one. I mean, what does oil not control to some extent? did they really have to raise it? if so, I have to be ok with it. but my guess is someone found a good excuse to take advantage of a situation.

Guest pmuzik
The (fed, state,local) govt's in the us collectively make nearly TWICE YES DOUBLE what the oil co's make. Sooo being mad that a big oil company managed to eek out a 7.5% net margin is misplaced. Yes gas & diesel have seen a large increase in price over the past couple of years. Our fuel costs are still extremely low compared to most of the world. Nope, doesn't make it easier to swallow, but it is what it is. If you want to be mad, just make sure you are mad at the right people.

:rest

Guest darkdan

Doesn't matter. Ban exxon mobil.............but you'll have to find out in your AREA which stations are serviced by the Exxon Mobil refinery.

Keep in mind, in most areas all the gasonline comes from the same refinery. A few certain brands might have additives added at the station itself to set it apart, but that's the exception.

If you want to impact the $3.88 a gallon price the most, lobby your representatives to help do away with the fact there's over 50 types of gasoline sold in the US (between 87, 89, 91, 93 octane, and the fact that each state has different emission additive requirements).

If only we could get it down to a few standardized types of gasoline the refineries wouldn't have to produce so many specific types of gas and price would drop.

Archived