Three strikes and you're out!

I've been slowly switching the flat glass film I use away from SunTek for a couple reasons... and today will probably be the last time I use them.

Since I'm a smaller shop, I order my film per job. So I have a job coming up and I only needed a 1/4 box. The two previous orders were similar... 1/4 or 1/2 boxs of film. Both of those boxes were short film. My jobs aren't real close to home, so to be far away and be short film due to the film co. really, really pisses me off. So I just pulled out the film from the box I just got today, and yep... short again. I got about 20-21 ft. and not the 25 feet I was charged for.

Three strikes....

I called and I'm waiting for a call back from a manager.

Fortunately I have enough for the job I gotta do, so that's not a problem. But the fact that they probably do this to many people... I mean... short a couple feet here and there and it all adds up.

Now I gotta look for someone else to replace ST.

What a pain...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have one more job that I might need them for..... and then that will probably be it. Film companies wanna raise their prices - fine... whatever. But when they start playing games like this screw em.

Guest vclimber

:bdog Why would they want to short dealers on a partial roll of film? It causes more harm than good. They roll down off of 100' rolls... so for example let's say that they are trying to stick it to you as some suggest. So they give you 22 feet instead of 25 feet. Now what does that do to their 100' roll that will continue to be broken down into either one 50 footer and one 25 footer or three 25 footers. Someone is going to get extra while others get hosed! For what, a leftover 8 feet off of every 100 foot roll? Come on!!! Now why do that on purpose? How can they make a boatload of money from shortchanging dealers 2 feet here and there on roll downs with cheap commodity film? They shoot themselves in the foot and screw up their inventory, that doesn't make sense. :nono

I'm not saying stick with ST but I would venture to guess that the person running the roll down cutter is not paying attention. And when you sell cheap film, you have to hire cheap labor to do the mundane things like operate the slitter machine for roll downs. What do you expect is going to happen? :lol2

:nono Why would they want to short dealers on a partial roll of film? It causes more harm than good.... I would venture to guess that the person running the roll down cutter is not paying attention.

After looking at it like that, you're probably right. It really wouldn't do them much good.

When it first happened, I just figured the machine or human used to cut the roll got it wrong. No biggie... and basically when I spoke with my rep, that's what I said. I had enough for the job, so I didn't get screwed that way... and I wasn't looking for anything but to let them know there was a problem and to look into it.

Then it happened again a few months later, and I was like :bdog

Now a third time... so something is definitely off. When I spoke with the CSR on the phone today he said they had a couple people call saying the same thing... so either someone isn't doing their job right or the settings on the machine isn't set right.

Guest vclimber
:bdog Why would they want to short dealers on a partial roll of film? It causes more harm than

Now a third time... so something is definitely off. When I spoke with the CSR on the phone today he said they had a couple people call saying the same thing... so either someone isn't doing their job right or the settings on the machine isn't set right.

That would be my guess. :nono

Dont knock it until you tried it.... If anything sucks I would say Suntek would be high on that list. A little too thin in my opinion, not very forgiving at all. At least JWF offers a wide variety of film choices compared to Suntek my brutha....

Guest darkdan

I just order a whole roll. Then I have it in stock and push that film on the next person. Chances are if one person wanted it the next person will want it too.

Archived