Three strikes and you're out!

Guest vclimber
I have had this happen to me as well!!! They always send me 25 foot for no charge but its a hassel!! Luckily I precut my home windows a couple of days before the job so I dont get on the job and get it!

Are you going to make them send out another roll and take back the one you cut up or will you just let yourself be shorted?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest S and S

They dont take back anything...they send me another 25 ft roll so I have the 3 or 4 foot plus more...have actually gathered a nice stock of resi...enough to do 4 jobs without having to order.

Guest vclimber
They dont take back anything...they send me another 25 ft roll so I have the 3 or 4 foot plus more...have actually gathered a nice stock of resi...enough to do 4 jobs without having to order.

Good deal :rollin That'll cost em! :thumb

An expensive conspiracy for the MFG if everyone does what S&S did here. :thumb

Hey, I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just trying to understand what you're saying.

I don't think they would intentionally short anyone off of a 100' roll. By accident...........VERY likely. Keep in mind, the people we talk to on the phone are NOT the people in the back room boxing, slitting, rolling down, and shipping. They aren't even washed out window tinters. They're washed out McDonald's employees.

Now if distributors have access to rolls larger than 100' sitting in the back room......I can understand them short changing people if they really wanted to.

Now I doubt reputable manufacturers would do it on purpose because it would come back to bite them in the ass badly. But bad runs happen. When I was at my ORACAL training class they had it happen with a batch of vinyl I guess. Someone forgot to reset the machine for the new material and instead of 50 meter rolls it was cutting 50 yard rolls. So mistakes can happen like that.

Wht I am saying is that Manufacturers whole also distribute will be rolling off of masters.

Good deal :thumb That'll cost em! :beer

An expensive conspiracy for the MFG if everyone does what S&S did here. :krazy

It would be, however 99% of the installers never catch on to it. How many of us order a cut roll with extra incase of a screwup, etc?? that leaves film on the roll and you will never figure it out......... :hmmm

I would only say it's like the old adage...If one person says you're an a$$hole, it's their opinion. when the world says you are, then YOU ARE. As we have seen, more than just one have seen shorted film rolls, only some have caught it and gotten replaement......... :krazy

Guest vclimber

Good deal :thumb That'll cost em! :beer

An expensive conspiracy for the MFG if everyone does what S&S did here. :krazy

It would be, however 99% of the installers never catch on to it. How many of us order a cut roll with extra incase of a screwup, etc?? that leaves film on the roll and you will never figure it out......... :hmmm

99% never catch on? Man, where'd you get that figure? I'd say just from this and a few others threads, there are many that track their inventory.

As for me, I don't order cut rolls. 100's or bust... we weigh em for accuracy. :hmmm

Archived