How to make patterns for Motorcycles

Guest jain1980

Guest jain1980

I am a total newbie to this industry and planning to start a new venture of making Paint protection Kits for popular Motorcycles.

1.Need guidance as to how to make patterns/outlines/artworks/templates (dunno what exactly to call them) from the original

physical model of the motorcycle so that they can be sent out to the plotter for cutting. I have both Illustrator and corel

draw .

I have read somewhere on google that take a picture and proceed.But somehow I cannot find a way ahead after taking the picture.

Morever since these skins have to fit the MC body to perfection , How to ensure the size is maintained same as the MC

2. what kind of cutting plotter/model would be best to invest in for this startup.The PPF would be any of the available ones. Avery or 3M material

I know it's difficult to for a newbie but who wants to be called Newbie...So someday these forums come to the rescue for newbies like me. Great Forum..

Guest jain1980

Actually I am starting this in India where there is no presence of companies who make patterns. Also the models of motorcycles that sells here are totally different.So would need directions as to how to get on with making the patterns ourself.

Also any suggestion on the 2nd query in my post.

Archived