After reading this I just have to comment. I met with Mark a couple of weeks ago. He is a great guy to talk to and seemed very straight forward. There were some details he couldn't just flat out state even though he would probably have liked to. That part is speculative on my part. To the nitty gritty of it all, I met him at a starbucks in oklahoma city metro area. We sat and talked for 30-45 minutes. He gave me a sample to try. We talked about how he develops pricing of his product, about the 3 different manufactuers he works with but he did not name any names of manufactuers specifically. I was very impressed in talking to him. If you want to do business with an honest man and a handshake means something, he is your guy. Now to the film, it is rolled opposite of any film I have used and thus far this has not posed a problem. The film was great to work with. I have used it on a PT cruiser backglass, not the easiest of shrinks for me but it worked nicely and a 1990 Cadillac which required no shrinking on the back glass but the doors did to get rid of fingers. I don't snap the film (yet) so I get fingers occassionally that need to be worked out from time to time.

I cannot speak for longevity of the product as I have only had it for a couple weeks. The clarity and color were as good as any film I have used. I will buy from him without any hesitations or worrying about film failure. Time will tell on those issues. I personally was impressed with him and the film.

I have only been at this a couple of years now and do not do the volume of vehicles that most of you do but I feel I can tell a quality product when I see it. The warranty part does not even concern me. The price of film is at a level that I would offer a lifetime warranty with it sell that accordingly and if/when an issue comes back strip it and retint it without the worry of having to go back to the manufactuer to get the cost of the film back and pennies for the labor it takes. Get that up front with your price to tint to begin with.

I for one think the manny's lifetime warranty is overrated. Just my 2 cents. I still really like the other films I use as well.

By the way I used the eclipse series of film.

thanks for your time reading this long post. I hope it doesn't sound like a rant. It is really just an opinion.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having known him all these years I ask for a large sample and should get it next week. You are right KZone on a handshake having worth; most young people don't understand that. In the next week or so I will tint a gambit of windows that I have in my training area from easy to hard and give my version of a virtual handshake opinion. I don't buy from him, don't even know pricing but with the economy in the dumpster I am not going to leave any rock unturned. :spit

Having known him all these years I ask for a large sample and should get it next week. You are right KZone on a handshake having worth; most young people don't understand that. In the next week or so I will tint a gambit of windows that I have in my training area from easy to hard and give my version of a virtual handshake opinion. I don't buy from him, don't even know pricing but with the economy in the dumpster I am not going to leave any rock unturned. :spit

I feel the exact same way. Thus the reason for the post on ValueTint.

Let us know how his film goes for you, and I will do the same as he is sending out to me the same as you. I will know by next week's end if he is a good risk or not.

Stay tuned... :lol

Guest Crackz

dude's not to be negative but this guy spoke to me twice on the phone during the week both times in the middle of the day when I should have been tinting instead of bullshitting on the phone about how good the tint is and how it is priced right and how he will get the sample right out to me about 6 or 7 months ago and I am still waiting for them so I wasted about 90 mins of cell time 90 mins of tint time for nothing for a private repacked tint that I never got never even got the pricing package that was suppose to be sent so in my opinion he is a waste of time ....

that is when I called howard at express I had my samples the next day and been buying in and happy ever since never a issue with them or any one on there sales staff :spit

Guest Crackz

wow I got a apology today from mark saying that he is sorry for no samples or pricing info and for wasting my time but he was running low on film and wanted to send it to his custys and decided not to take on any new ones ....that was my answer 6 months later we will see what the future brings I still would like to try the film :rollin

wow I got a apology today from mark saying that he is sorry for no samples or pricing info and for wasting my time but he was running low on film and wanted to send it to his custys and decided not to take on any new ones ....that was my answer 6 months later we will see what the future brings I still would like to try the film :thumb

That would have been better to get sooner but it is a start to getting on track with your company and his. Hopefully it works out for everyone. I wish you luck. I am going to use the film next week on a 1986 vw Scirocco. Anyone done one of those lately?

I received my sample roll Friday and will be using it on Monday.

For those of you who use plotters, I found that it feeds thru the machine cleanly and w/o much if any static. Looks and feels a bit like Global's QDP or Johnson's Greystone film...

My only concern is that when using those two films I noticed a "spidering" effect in the adhesive once we cut the pattern for cars to be installed on the following days - as if the films don't like to be re-rolled once off the main roll. That's the only reason we do not use either of those two lines. Perhaps this film will be different.

He sent me Sirius 30. He said it was a "premium film" similar to Llumar ATC in look feel and peformance.

We will see. :thumb

I am not sure but I think the sirius is the line that does not interfere with gps, am radio, cell phones, & etc., the eclipse is the line that is metalized. I have not tried the sirius but the eclipse is good stuff so far. I did not have any liner issues at all. Shrank nicely & the liner was easier to separate from the film than others I have used. The adhesive seemed to stick just fine with no horrible taste or smell. Time will tell on longevity but my opinion is it will be just fine. There is no real scientific proof on that part from me other than I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Class I will take before and after pix of it. After all when the car gets here I get to keep it.

Archived