thinking about cleaning windows

Ive been thinking lately about doing exterior window cleaning. People ask enough, so it's like, "hey, im alrady here... why not make some extra $$." I've just got some questions. for those of you who do it... is it worth it? for those of you who have... is it worth it, and why did you stop? If it's worth it, what do you need to get strated? :DD thanks :lol I searched, but I got a lot on cleaning the windows before I tint :lol go figure!

its worth it IMO. I offer it although I haven't tried much to set up accounts as of yet. what accounts I do have it seems I can make around $50 per hour. and it is in high demand. a good selling point is when you're a tinter, you have to know how to clean and clean well. that's been a great closing tool for me. I plan to use it for the winter months along with flat glass. commercial is definately the way to go IMO. I try to set up accounts with my FG customers as I've gained a lot of rapor and they think its best the tinter do the cleaning, especially on the interior. I say try it. if it works for you... great. if not... at least you know.

Without reading the body of the post I was thinking, wow, his installations must come out dirty :lol seriously though I've been asked many times also but if I'm on a busy schedule I think the money is better with tinting.

I've thought about it before, but never did anything. I'm like you - I have no idea how to price it for one... and I'm not sure I'd want to be bothered.

But, when people have asked me to clean their outside windows that are not reachable without my LG ladder, I will do it for them. (As long as the ground is somewhat flat)

ETA: But, starting tomorrow, I will present it to my customers that I do and see if they would be interested, and if so, how much they would be willing to pay for the service.

Did it for a while, great imo makes money and is relaxing until you start getting the 5k sq ft homes and up that want all the windows cleaned in and out in one day and it's just you kinda killer but almost worth it. It's easy to start and see if you like it or if it works for you and your scheduale, good luck on your decision

I have owned several over the years. From store fronts to high rise the money was great but doing the work myself I just got to old to move like you have to- to make money.............fast :DD great way to make money cleaning windows is building the bis then selling it. I have a how to make money cleaning windows DVD in production that will be out in about 5-6 months :lol

when I have a few minutes I would be happy to talk to you about it if you can pm my a phone number :lol

Me personally, too busy doing tint. I'd be worried about the low barrier to entry since its an easy task, that being said you are right in the perfect place to land the work without much effort or competition so it could work well.

Will... you are so busy as it is... how you gonna find time to clean winders between doing magazines, tinting, schoolin' and flyin them aeroplanes?

Me personally, too busy doing tint. I'd be worried about the low barrier to entry since its an easy task, that being said you are right in the perfect place to land the work without much effort or competition so it could work well.

Will... you are so busy as it is... how you gonna find time to clean winders between doing magazines, tinting, schoolin' and flyin them aeroplanes?

haha, im not necessarily looking to start it up as something I want to do. I got some friends who are out of work, and I have enough people who ask, "do you clean windows," to maybe start doin some money makein. I kinda want to get it set up so that I can sell it onto a residential tint job, and not have to do much work other than sell it and make a little extra. im not really sure where I want to take it, but since I figure start up is low, it's worth a shot.

tim... answer your phone mang!

flying is very part time and occasional... plus, I only make $75/day when I do it. :dunno

Archived