What is the best way to learning how to tint?

Guest adriank

Guest adriank

Ok Im a residential window cleaner

I started with a carpet cleaning business many years ago and my business has evolved into a window cleaning business

I also sold cookware door to door so I have great sales experiance

Now I want to add window tinting to my business (residential/commercial I thought)

I have spoken to a few tint reps (tell you anything to sell tint) a couple of them suggested I do cars as well and mobile tinting is the way to go HMMMMM!

I looked at some how to videos on flat glass and cars (it "LOOKS" easy enough) and I have half the battle already won (I know how to clean glass really well and I know how to work on cars lol) its just the handeling of the film I have never done

I don't like the idea of finding a tinter to work for (using them just for experiance) knowing full well I'm not hanging around for the job, the cost of training someone today is huge!!! not only that I don't want down time in my business

Its the first day of winter here today so things slow down a little (our average days of 68 degrees farenheit) is a little cold for Queenslanders

So now is a good time to learn a new skill

A couple of the reps suggested to buy some film and try tinting my car, wifes car, friends car, our house ect ect:

Oh and I already have a lot of the tools so the few extra ones is nothing

So what do you guys suggest?

of the two, flatglass could be picked up easier than auto. but really, I've seen guys try without training and they don't make it. not even a training school will get you ready enough. the cleaning process is different and more tedious than what you're doing now. you need a year working with someone fulltime. not what you're wanting to hear, but no shortcuts to learning that I know of. these reps would love to set you up with some rolls of film to rip through, but they also know that not many people learn it on their own.

Guest adriank

Or how about I use my marketing experiance to sell a lot residential customers window tinting

Hire a bunch of guys like you with 10-15 yrs experience who can tint windows and pay them a 30% commishion or wage + bonus

HMMMM 15% on tint, 30% installer commishion, pay the income tax @ company tax rate 15%, 20% on running costs and stick 20% in my pocket just for chatting with nice people all day about the benifits of window tinting

Hey I don't even get my hands wet or apply the tint

I do live and have learn't “mate”

Oh by the way in Australia mates arn't condisending to each other maybe its different in wilmington nc

P.S Thanks for your advice

Guest adriank

Oh not only can I not clean windows (@ $120 an hour for my customers, 6-12 a year cos I'm just a dumb ass window cleaner)

I can't spell

condescending either

LOL!

if you want to try learning without the benefit of a professional tinter right there to teach you. Contact flatrockstan A.K.A. Mr. rogers on here. I don't know if he does flat but definitely has auto tinting videos.

Oh not only can I not clean windows (@ $120 an hour for my customers, 6-12 a year cos I'm just a dumb ass window cleaner)

I can't spell

condescending either

LOL!

I didn't know window cleaners were dumbasses. thanks for letting us know.

Guest adriank

so it is possable to learn flat glass window tinting from videos?

I don't want to tint cars at all a rep suggested that

I have about 300 regular window cleaning customers all homes and all I wanted to was start offering WT to expand my business

A bunch of them have asked me about it already

Archived