What is the best way to learning how to tint?

Guest adriank

trial & error, stick around here you'll learn a thing or two.

like dont p1ss people off :DD

but in all honesty, you don't need to work for a tinter full time for a year to learn how to tint FG. autos... yeah, I can see that. but res/comm? :lol just do your house, and do it until it's good. you'll be all set... as long as you have wood frame windows. :D After my third home, I had no problem charging similar rates as others in our area :please:beer. good luck.

and I believe that your a good window cleaner... but window cleaning and tinting aren't the same. you'll find that to do a good job prepping to tint, you'll probably have to be a little more particular than your used to. Cleaning windows, the window has to look clean, and be clear. tinting, you gotta get all that shiz up, whether you see it with your eyes or not because once the tints on... you'll see it. and so will the customer. :nono

Heeeeeey now about the window cleaners!!! Back when I could move I made a ton cleaning store front and high rise, got me into the tinting buss :DD

I think you could figure out FG pretty fast just from being in the window cleaning for so long :evilgrin The hard part is learning what film you can put where. Check out IWFA certification, I don't like iwfa but the test will prepare you somewhat on the-- what where stuff. Start with some simple windows after checking out the info you can find here on FG installs and then sit back and look at where you are and make a plan from there. Same as in window cleaning! Start with some silver 20 from a major manufacturer and make sure it is safe to install on the windows.

Personally I think the cleaning experience is going to work real good for you.

Let us know how it goes. Lots of good people here but as you know on the internet it is just easy to misunderstand, just hang around, learn and have fun with the rest of us.

Welcome new Tintdude :spit

Mr. Rogers

Archived