Should I expect a discount from normal price?

Guest AzimuthAviation

Guest AzimuthAviation

Great forum that I've lurked on over the past few years. I've got a bug for older Mercedes and have an 83' 300sd sedan that's finally ready got a new interior lined up that I want to put F1 pinnacle in near the Sacramento/Bay area. I'll have the old interior stripped from the car including rear deck, seats, trim, door panels, inside window scrapers, and the car will be wet wiped/vacuumed surgically clean prior to rolling to the shop for tint. I will be replacing all the window channels and the rear window seal during it's repaint down the road and would like the installer to do an agressive cut on the seals/channels to ensure complete coverage when the new seals get installed. Should I expect any discount from the normal quote since I assume this will make this an easier job than the normal car that comes in? Also, can I expect a shop to tint loose door glass if I bring them in? I've got spares that I want tinted at the same time in case I ever get a break-in and want tint from the same lot to ensure matching shade/color down the road. Thanks in advance for your replies!!!

This may come off as rude..but not intended, just being honest. If you are going through all the trouble of restoring this car and ou are obviously spending some $$$ doing so, don't insult a decent tinter by asking for a discount because ou are either wanting enough money wanting to be knocked off to make it worth your while asking that they won't do it or you'll ask for such a small amount of money off you'll look like a cheap customer.

Get it done once , get it done right ..pay what it's worth :please

Guest AzimuthAviation
This may come off as rude..but not intended, just being honest. If you are going through all the trouble of restoring this car and ou are obviously spending some $$$ doing so, don't insult a decent tinter by asking for a discount because ou are either wanting enough money wanting to be knocked off to make it worth your while asking that they won't do it or you'll ask for such a small amount of money off you'll look like a cheap customer.

Get it done once , get it done right ..pay what it's worth :please

No offense taken! I do want it done right and want to use good materials. I was wondering if having the car in a condition that would knock some time off the job and make it easier might reflect in the quotes I get over just driving in with a "driver". I don't mind looking cheap by asking if they can consider a discount if it's going to be a faster/easier job for them and still make their profit. I do it for my customers when they make it easier for me to apply my skills. That helps buy school clothes for the kids :nono Thank you for your reply!

Guest darkdan

And even if it comes from the same roll...........tint left in the sun will not match tint stored in your basement. So I wouldn't waste the money tinting the extra windows.

having the interior stripped will not take that much time off of an install. It might make a difference of a minute for all the doors. Having seats out will make it more uncomfortable to be inside for the rear glass, IMO, and no matter how good you clean that old glass it will still have bad spots from the age of it.

I am sure that you are going to expect a great tint job with all the work you are putting in this car and you should expect to pay MORE for the tint job in that respect alone......

And for the door glasses being out, or any window for that matter, I will not tint them out of a car. Laying a window flat will only increase the contamination that gets on the window, NO MATTER WHAT is done to try to control it. Lay a black item flat and wait 30 seconds and see what amount of crap collects!

Guest De4thMet4LKing00

Also, imagine all of the Armor-All type cleaning products that will be left on the glass/panels/seats when trying to tint the car. I hate when people use that on everything! Sometimes I have to soak the hell out of a window because the tint sticks to the armor all soaked glass. You think you're doing a good thing by getting a "professional cleaning", but really you're making it more difficult

Guest tintgod

Get it done once , get it done right ..pay what it's worth :lol

No offense taken! I do want it done right and want to use good materials. I was wondering if having the car in a condition that would knock some time off the job and make it easier might reflect in the quotes I get over just driving in with a "driver". I don't mind looking cheap by asking if they can consider a discount if it's going to be a faster/easier job for them and still make their profit. I do it for my customers when they make it easier for me to apply my skills. That helps buy school clothes for the kids :please Thank you for your reply!

:nono:beer

Get it done once , get it done right ..pay what it's worth :krazy

:rollin:dunno:dunno

Archived