Paper towels

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest S and S

Dont' use em. I use surgicial towels. Cost me like $100 for 100. Bought them 3 years ago and still look good. Wash once a week or so.

Dont' use em. I use surgicial towels. Cost me like $100 for 100. Bought them 3 years ago and still look good. Wash once a week or so.

Good idea for sure.

I buy the blue shop towels...12 pack at sams club. I think they are pretty tough for FG and no lint...

I like the cheapest ones I can find. Usually it's "Pom" brand from Sams Wholesale. Bounty? :thumb thats kinda pricey. I like to maximize profit.

One roll of Bounty to 4 or 5 rolls of the cheap stuff, by far the Bounty is cheaper. I did the math on this when I used to work for someone, they had the cheap stuff and I brought in a roll of the Bounty :thumb:beer

Do you mean for Cars or Flat Glass. I could see your point probably for Flat, but not for cars, not the way I go threw them. I'm a little OCD and a little wasteful.

Automotive only, mayby it's the way I conserve it :thumb Like I said in my earlier post I reuse it , keep all the paper towel after the tint and the use it to clean windows on the next. Just reading the posts about Kirkland from costco and willing to give that a try. I like to save money on paper towels, so any tip is greatfull :thumb

Guest Sprinter
I was wondering if there was something out there in the industrial or janitorial supply that might work as good and be more cost effective if bought in bulk :rollin

yes there is you just have to change your old habbit, yes its a few bucks but those bucks add up don't they.

I go through about 12 rolls of paper towels a year and thats it, I use the micro fiber towels from costco they start out as final cleaning on all windows then after about 6-8 cars I get another one and it takes its place. it gets washed with all the others, the towel then gets demoted to the squeegee wiping off towel and when it does'nt come real clean anymore it gets demoted again to the wipping off the car towel and then when its tottally not comming clean it goes to the garage to clean up any oil or situtation like that.

the H pattern towel gets used all month long with no wearning out, the other uses for them are to soak up the glue that spills out when glueing and some final touch up where the micro is too big.

hope that helps I think you could save about 40.00 or 50.00 per month on towels.

I see no reason to use so many paper towel in our industry.

I hate Bounty after being spoiled with Kirkland. :thumb

really? Kirkland has more absorbance and less lint? I might have to start using my mom's costco card!

thats been my experience anyway...I go through a roll of bounty wayyyyy faster than a roll of Kirkland...and way less lint. :rollin and no....im not a Kirkland or Costco rep. :thumb

huh... looks like im gonna go hit up costco today after class. im on my last roll of bounty shop towels. Thanks dude :):thumb

let us know how ya like em :beer

Flat glass tomorrow, just picked up a pack. let's see how they do!!

used bounty for the past 10 years but switched to the costco 3 years ago. the costco are thicker than the bounty, cost less, and you can make the oversized part save you towels. fold one sheet in half and it fits perfectly around your slammer dbl layered. with bounty you would have to use 2 and wrap your slammer diagonally. if you use the select a size you can get away with 3 small pieces. and on houses we would normally wrap 3 towels folded around my drywall drying tool; with the costco it only uses 2.

right now I got select a size bountys in the shop cuz I havent had time to go to costco. when we go though people stare. we have 2 of the large carts stacked w/ 9 packs each.

the bomb

118265bs.jpg

I buy about 200 rolls a month average so price is a big deal for me. ! :thumb

It all adds up at the end of the month doesn't it Stan :beer in my younger days I just paid what ever the price was on anything and never shop around Daaaaaam I wish I had some of that money back I :p1ss away the first 10 years in business. :thumb

Crud Dude, I used to buy a couple rolls of towels and foamy spray cleaner everyday at Quick Trip when I went in for candy! Yup for like the first 10 years then started getting smarter cause the kids cost more as they got older :) !! Now days I got to watch the cost on everything to stay competitive. :thumb ahhhhh the old days :rollin

the bomb

118265bs.jpg

I tried 'em today... LOVE THEM! way better than bounty's blue shop towels IMO. :lol2 :lol2 and thet last longer. and they're more absorbent.

I tried them on a house and some rollups today. I wish I had pics!

COSTCO!!! :lol2

Archived