Paper towels

I use a paper towel from our local ZEP distributor. Towel for towel, they are much more expensive, but they are reusable many times over. They are lint free, and extremely tough (they claim they are washable, but I never tried). I can't tear them and my hard-card never breaks through. They come stacked in a box, and a box lasts months.

I have tried using conventional paper towels a couple times since changing over to the Zep blue-towels, and I can't imagine how I ever got by in the past with the wimpy paper-towels. I use about four of these blue towels per car, and them hang them to dry for the next job. Once they're used a few times, they get demoted to wipe-up towels, and finally discarded.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
started out when I use to do alot of cars I used baby diapers, been using bounty large rolls for about 17 yrs. part of the cost.

Nice comparison list ,thanks :lol

for being the "quicker picker upper" let me relate a situation that happened on a house I was doing . was finished with the house and just had some garage windows left when the customer came out and said she had to go on an errand. she paid me said she was going to lock the house up and to just hit the garage door button and jump the beam, no problem. the house was on about 5 acres the garage was about 90 yds from the road with the door facing away from the road.

being in overdrive for most of the day I had'nt thought of anything other than finishing the 8 windows in the garage ,so she leaves and after one set of windows a familiar chill ran up my back only to realize I had to take a huge dump and there was no way around it . so I closed the garage door down, rolled out a bunch of toweling and did the native squat, I was just beginning to wipe when I hear the garage door going up and the adrenaline kicks in ,I wipe , roll up the towels and quickly deposit them in my trash bag, get zipped up and jump in front of the window just in time to see the bumper of her car come around the corner, she parks in front of the door says " oh I forgot something ,runs in the house and back out ,says hope you have a good day and left. if only she knew how good my day was, not getting "caught with my pants down"

BOUNTY " the quicker picker upper :beer

:beer

I also used diapers when I first started...... :evilgrin

Archived