This is why you should not tint chit boxes

Guest tdmillet

Guest tdmillet

just finished custy car. when he came in he told me the rear door window didnt go up or down with out help. I said oh great but I can deal with it. went out to check on windows before he came to pick up the car and the window must have fallen inside door. and oh yea it busted. :evilgrin im sure when he gets here he is going to want me to pay for it. this sucks :spit 170.00 for the tint job minus 150.00 for the window. wow I guess I can go get a coke with the difference. :DD

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Beeline

About 10 years ago when I worked in a shop, I had an old chevy truck with the twisty windows. I didn't want to take the %&$# apart because of the rust around the bracket. After the debate I took the %&$# apart by shattering the glass in my hands. I was pissed. $90 to replace. I was leaving to fly out to LA that day. It was my last car for the day. I had to wait to get it replaced before I left. POS

Guest JUSTIN

Yeah I try to not schedule buckets, but sometimes when nothing else is on the books you gotta do it. I have some advice for you that might help you out in the future.....put a sign on your wall that you do not replace broken parts on vehicles that are 5 years or older. If you schedule a vehicle that is closer to 10 years old or just a solid piece of crap, have them sign a waiver that if anything breaks while in your custody due to the part being old or badly maintained that you are not responsible for replacement. Sorry this couldn't help you out this time.

Yeah I try to not schedule buckets, but sometimes when nothing else is on the books you gotta do it. I have some advice for you that might help you out in the future.....put a sign on your wall that you do not replace broken parts on vehicles that are 5 years or older. If you schedule a vehicle that is closer to 10 years old or just a solid piece of crap, have them sign a waiver that if anything breaks while in your custody due to the part being old or badly maintained that you are not responsible for replacement. Sorry this couldn't help you out this time.

That's a great plan and I'm sure it works!! :rollin:dunno

Guest JUSTIN

I know that I chased away some consumers by asking them to sign the waiver, but hey, if they know it's a pile and they want me to work on it, it's their risk not mine. I shouldn't be held liable b/c they want to take a risk on their bucket falling apart. Most consumers that I talk to about their vehicles are pretty understanding....and the ones that aren't....well let's just say my competition can have 'em :rollin

Oh thats definitely a horror story there. I had a custy bring their pile in once and the rear driver window wouldnt go down so he was trying to work on it while I did the other windows. I had just installed the rear passenger door when he hits the wrong roll down switch and the film comes crunching off of the glass as I am trying to squeegee it. I broke out into a Yosemite Sam type banter and told him to bring it back after it was fixed. He never came back :rollin

Archived