Selling a shop

I'm graduated and interviewing all over the place. I am also booked nearly through the 3rd week of June and the phone never stops. A ton of automotive and a few com/res jobs here and there. I'd never really thought of the idea of selling a part of the business or the whole thing but I think it might be worth a little. I'm not talkin big bucks, but for a person or shop to be able to purchase a steady 30-50 leads a month and maybe even a website isnt bad at all.

Anyone have any experience in this stuff? I posted here since I felt it should be kept closer to the folks on here I frequently talk with.

You can sell your whole business, company name, webite , phone # and any accounts you have for top $ ,or you can even sell just your phone # you will need bank statements or financial records to prove how $$ your company generates the more proof you have the more $$ you can get. if there is no land or building involved a compamy is usually worth about 50% of its gross :dunno

You can sell your whole business, company name, webite , phone # and any accounts you have for top $ ,or you can even sell just your phone # you will need bank statements or financial records to prove how $$ your company generates the more proof you have the more $$ you can get. if there is no land or building involved a compamy is usually worth about 50% of its gross :lol

sounds about right...the first biz I bought, I only paid around 35% of gross of the year before....but 50% sounds not bad. :dunno

You can sell your whole business, company name, website , phone # and any accounts you have for top $ ,or you can even sell just your phone # you will need bank statements or financial records to prove how $$ your company generates the more proof you have the more $$ you can get. if there is no land or building involved a compamy is usually worth about 50% of its gross :lol

sounds about right...the first biz I bought, I only paid around 35% of gross of the year before....but 50% sounds not bad. :dunno

50% is an ideal # in a good economy and if you are not in a hurry to sell just a little something to give 5.0 an idea but if you wanted a quick sell you could definitely take less just to get out and move on right now (in the busy season) would be the best time to sell it a potentiual buyer could spend a week with you and see how busy you are:dd

Guest willie

Yes you can sell a shop, its really quite easy if you have a tinter nearby working at another shop or in another town close by that wants to own a business.

I have sold 2 and am selling the retail portion of my business at the end of August to the tinter down the street.

Good luck :dunno

I'm thinking of contacting a tinter locally, we'll see and also a gentleman who seems to have just started one town over.

Thanks for the input. Sadly I'll need a quick sale so I'll have to see whats what. Even a couple grand is sweet if I can pull it

Guest willie
I'm thinking of contacting a tinter locally, we'll see and also a gentleman who seems to have just started one town over.

Thanks for the input. Sadly I'll need a quick sale so I'll have to see whats what. Even a couple grand is sweet if I can pull it

That should be a no brainer for anybody in the business around you. An established number is worth that much. :dunno

That should be a no brainer for anybody in the business around you. An established number is worth that much. :lol

I agree, lets hope we have some businesslike minded people up here... judging by the way the market was up here before I got here.... We'll lets just stay positive!

:dunno

Archived