global Film

Guest rmercer

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

I've been using it about 2 years in MN (not like we got a lot of sun) and love it.

An SUV I see all the time still looks as good as the day I did it (first vehicle I ever used it on).

I will admit, it shrinks differently than other films. However, it shrinks the way I like it. Some people can't stand it.

Global (Garware) is the only company that makes 100% of their film (well, the main films anyways).

Search the site for "QDP" or "Global" and you'll find all kinds of opinions on it.

I've been using it about 2 years in MN (not like we got a lot of sun) and love it.

An SUV I see all the time still looks as good as the day I did it (first vehicle I ever used it on).

I will admit, it shrinks differently than other films. However, it shrinks the way I like it. Some people can't stand it.

Global (Garware) is the only company that makes 100% of their film (well, the main films anyways).

Search the site for "QDP" or "Global" and you'll find all kinds of opinions on it.

Hey Dan, just curious how you like the new stuff? I remember that you were a bit concerned that it wouldnt suit your "hands-on" approach as well as the old. :lol

As far as Global, I havent been using it long but absolutely love the stuff. Shrinks nice, installs very nice and looks great IMO. I have had absolutely no complaints about this stuff yet. :dunno

Guest darkdan

Well, since I mostly use 50%..........and no one else in the world uses 50% the last time I ordered I got an old batch!

So far I've gotten one 20" roll of 40% of the new stuff. Works fine for side windows, but I haven't had a chance to shrink it yet.

Im on my third order of the "new" qdp ch so we've used about 12 40" rolls, I won't complain & will admit it shrinks easier as they changed the liner. The film is now a 1.5mil & From what I know they changed all vlt's to 1.5 except the 5% is still 1.2 but has a new liner. They tweaked the color a bit which still looks the same to me. I had some problems with the 40% after positioning & tacking was leaving small adhesive smudges & also a line where the liner was left during the install on the roll downs. The line seemed to dry as for the smudges im not so sure. whats everyone elses take on the "new stuff" ?

I have stopped using Global QDP because it develops a distortion pattern if not installed the very same day. I sent back 2 rolls because I saw the same distortion pattern repeating in the rolls before I cut it off the roll. This distortion appears to be very fine little lines. I have tried to take a picture of it, but I have had a hard time getting it to show up on the digicam. Believe me though it IS there. And if you are doing alot of cars for a dealership, or have the same car to do over and over again. there is a certain amount of frustration in cutting the patterns ahead of time and then finding out a day or two later that there is distortion in the windows when you install. Global and Johnson Greystone have both done this to me, as well as ValueTint and Express Films. But I am almost certain that ValueTint and Express are "knock offs" of Global. The Glue and poly smell exactly the same.

Guest darkdan

I do of course.

I try not to shove it down people's throats. =)

I finally got to shrink some of the new stuff. I like it. It shrinks a lot faster, but acts the same. It just reacts more. I honestly can't tell it's "thicker" because the stuff is so soft.

Archived