global Film

Guest rmercer

I just got my first order in a week ago. I've used it on several cars and like it. it shrinks a lot slower than the suntek I'm used to. but, I may need to give it a little more time until I learn how it acts. creased it some on the first back glass I tried at the very end of the shrink in a top corner. however, I was able to chizel the creases out with a little heat to invisible. I think the color rocks, and from the outside especially. it can definitely take some heat. I got a sample several months ago and thought it was melting too easy. ended up, I think I was just using too little slip putting it on in comparison to my usual film and it was adhesive smudges. 10 more feet per roll, good color, good shrink... :lol2 I may switch from suntek if I can get the hang of shrinking it as fast and easy. global distributes from my state so I get my orders overnight. I think that would be a good biz decision for my shop in case I need something fast. don't know anything about the flat glass films. anyone have an opinion there???

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

were still using qdp everyday with no current problems at all, actually now I wish they would make the 5% in 1.5 mil. The color is great, shrink is very nice, warranty is good & the price is unbeatable ! :dunno I wish their 40% would meter 32% or above on dp windows !

Actually we just a had a car come in today with qdp we did over 1 year ago, well the vinyl sticker we put on her back window had cracked so we removed & replaced it I was crossing my fingers that it didn't fade into the film & sure enough it did not. We used sungard for about 8 years & that stuff faded real bad, real fast !! I was really shocked to see nothing at all on this film ! :beer

I don’t get it :beer people having problems shrinking QDP! I love the stuff. :lol2 Are you guys melting it or what? :lol2 All I have used is the new stuff so I can't say about before. :lol2

Stan

Ditto. Same here Stan. I do have one roll of the old stuff in 40%, but I find that now that I know how to shrink the new stuff...the old stuff isnt nearly as bad as before. I find the new QDP shrinks nice and fast, love the color and how fast it sets up. Since I switched over to Global I saving enough time to do at least one more car per day. (one man operation) :dunno

Guest Texstar
I don’t get it :lol2 people having problems shrinking QDP! I love the stuff. :beer Are you guys melting it or what? :lol2 All I have used is the new stuff so I can't say about before. :lol2

Stan

I don’t get it :dunno people having problems shrinking QDP! I love the stuff. :lol2 Are you guys melting it or what? :thumb All I have used is the new stuff so I can't say about before. :lol2

Stan

Ditto. Same here Stan. I do have one roll of the old stuff in 40%, but I find that now that I know how to shrink the new stuff...the old stuff isnt nearly as bad as before. I find the new QDP shrinks nice and fast, love the color and how fast it sets up. Since I switched over to Global I saving enough time to do at least one more car per day. (one man operation) :thumb

Which method are you guys using to shrink it. I find the new stuff still wanting to turn sideways and ball up :lol2

Archived