global Film

Guest rmercer

Guest darkdan

Me too. I've changed the way I shrink a bit though.

First I go through and run my head gun over the whole window. Moving the film with my hand to prevent bunch ups (splitting fingers mainly).

Then I go back a second time (first pass might take 10 to 20 seconds a quarter) and heat and smooth with a hardcard.

I find this technique makes it easier and prevents those little fingers I used to get after installing.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Texstar
Mdog soap method here. :thumb
Me too. I've changed the way I shrink a bit though.

First I go through and run my head gun over the whole window. Moving the film with my hand to prevent bunch ups (splitting fingers mainly).

Then I go back a second time (first pass might take 10 to 20 seconds a quarter) and heat and smooth with a hardcard.

I find this technique makes it easier and prevents those little fingers I used to get after installing.

Thats the method Im doing both the mdog and hard card, yet in the middle it tends to turn sideways and shrivel, how do I prevent this. I do not have this problem with the other films :thumb

Sounds like too much heat is making it shrink too fast. Hold the heat gun further away or use the lift and pull method.

:thumb DD is right on :thumb It forms so easy that using too much heat is easy to do! You might try using just a pinch of baby powder over the window, lift and pull is great too. Keep shakeing things up with your forming method's and you will love the stuff. PM me if you want and we can talk more.

Stan

Guest Texstar
Are you getting line like bubbles running side to side as you shrink? :dunno

try tape on the sides to hold it down :thumb

Sounds like too much heat is making it shrink too fast. Hold the heat gun further away or use the lift and pull method.

:bingo DD is right on :dunno It forms so easy that using too much heat is easy to do! You might try using just a pinch of baby powder over the window, lift and pull is great too. Keep shakeing things up with your forming method's and you will love the stuff. PM me if you want and we can talk more.

Stan

Thanks guys, I will try it. Training a new tinter. Willie stole my other one :thumb

Are you getting line like bubbles running side to side as you shrink? :dunno

try tape on the sides to hold it down :thumb

:thumb DD is right on :dunno It forms so easy that using too much heat is easy to do! You might try using just a pinch of baby powder over the window, lift and pull is great too. Keep shakeing things up with your forming method's and you will love the stuff. PM me if you want and we can talk more.

Stan

Thanks guys, I will try it. Training a new tinter. Willie stole my other one :dunno

Glad we could help is what Willie would say :lol2:lol2:lol2 don't train any good looking girls around him :bingo:dunno

Stan

I haven't tried any of the new stuff, but on the old how do you shrink the rollups if you shrink them on the doors and not on your peeler? The stuff doesn't like to be wet shrunk and I would always have little fingers concentrate to one area that wouldn't go away so I would have to trim a hairline off the bottom to eliminate those little fingers. You suppose to dry shrink the rollups too or what :thumb Also pulled a front strip off a truck I done a year and half ago that had hp 5 and it sounded like tinfoil coming off the glass and it came off effortlessly and left no adhesive :thumb

Archived